The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sims?

He committed to putting in (through Starks Park Properties) £250k just last summer to cover the shortfall of remaining Full Time after relegation last May.  Per the 2017 accounts, he had already put in £100k, so the other £150k will have been introduced during the course of the season.

In addition to this, the 2016 accounts show one of his companies having invested £210k, and we are also due Starks Park Properties £350k

the 2018 accounts which I would expect be published around August or September will have the updated structure, so some of this soft debt may be written off. I recall reading somewhere that the directors had agreed to have around 50% written off.

Aye I was referring to the time since he bought Starks Park up until the moment he took over the club. I can remember hearing a lot of rumblings from people from the club complaining that they pay the rent to him and yet there were areas of the stadium needing fixed/upgraded or built.

I'd also be interested to know what prompted his sudden takeover of the club. Was there some kind of SOS call from someone at the club or working on the BoD? So far since his arrival; Val McDermid, Davie Wan, Mario Caira, Tom Phillips and now Alan Young have all resigned this season as well as Eric Drysdale leaving. Gordon Adamsons time is up as fans rep so all that's actually left on the BoD who were there from last season is Tom Morgan. If he resigns today then it's a completely clean slate.

When was the last time we had such a major overhaul at boardroom level?

11 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Just seen Barry Smiths we car with all the Rovers logos parked out side Nobles Scrappies yard! Must be a gonner and Alan Young's bodies in the boot!

If Young had left long before Alloa's second went in, this regrettable turn of events could all have been avoided. 

6 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I'd also be interested to know what prompted his sudden takeover of the club. Was there some kind of SOS call from someone at the club or working on the BoD? So far since his arrival; Val McDermid, Davie Wan, Mario Caira, Tom Phillips and now Alan Young have all resigned this season as well as Eric Drysdale leaving. Gordon Adamsons time is up as fans rep so all that's actually left on the BoD who were there from last season is Tom Morgan. If he resigns today then it's a completely clean slate.

Was it a sudden takeover? I thought Sim had been trying for quite some time to get enough shares to have a controlling interest. 

13 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Was it a sudden takeover? I thought Sim had been trying for quite some time to get enough shares to have a controlling interest. 

I thought the club constitution was written is such a way, that no one person could gain control ?

I thought the club constitution was written is such a way, that no one person could gain control ?

Was this changed after Anelka or Penman? I'm not 100% sure how it all works. Did Penman not dodge that somehow in the 80s or am I getting mixed up?

10 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Was this changed after Anelka or Penman? I'm not 100% sure how it all works. Did Penman not dodge that somehow in the 80s or am I getting mixed up?

After Anelka, to ensure such nonsense couldn’t be ‘railroaded’ through

After Anelka, to ensure such nonsense couldn’t be ‘railroaded’ through

Makes sense. I don't know the full breakdown of who owns what but if Sim owns the company that owns the stadium and then that takes over majority of the company that owns the club then he basically holds all the aces anyway? Even without any real share in the club, him owning the ground gives him most of the power would it not?

I know they say no news is good news, but with the rovers iv always found it to be the opposite.

Is sim to be at the meeting? Anyone know?

Well with all the decisions needing to be made and if there are any serious changes then everyone involved would need to be told first then statement needs to be made and released and depending on the news, a press release. We don't even know when the meetings were going to start so it could be later tonight if it's serious or tomorrow if nothing major changes.

I'll have a couple of quid on the next news emanating being something like:

"As a result of last nights board meeting Mr Sinton has been installed as Chairman, with Mrs Sinton and Mr Simms cocker spaniel lucy both joining the board of directors. A budget has been set for Barry Smith to sign any 10 players that he wants as long as they don't want more that 10,000 Bhat per week."

"Lastly work will begin on lifting the grass at Starks Park as soon as board member Lucy Simm has finished her business on the centre circle."

Well with all the decisions needing to be made and if there are any serious changes then everyone involved would need to be told first then statement needs to be made and released and depending on the news, a press release. We don't even know when the meetings were going to start so it could be later tonight if it's serious or tomorrow if nothing major changes.

Did you ever actually explain/ acknowledge the whole Martin nonsense? If not I think you should. It's impossible to take you seriously.

I'll have a couple of quid on the next news emanating being something like:
"As a result of last nights board meeting Mr Sinton has been installed as Chairman, with Mrs Sinton and Mr Simms cocker spaniel lucy both joining the board of directors. A budget has been set for Barry Smith to sign any 10 players that he wants as long as they don't want more that 10,000 Bhat per week."
"Lastly work will begin on lifting the grass at Starks Park as soon as board member Lucy Simm has finished her business on the centre circle."

Think you'll find Lucy is a springer spaniel. I'm not often picky about the details but at least get your facts right before we bring the pets into it.

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Did you ever actually explain/ acknowledge the whole Martin nonsense? If not I think you should. It's impossible to take you seriously.

Seconded. 

@SuperHans is often worth reading but you can't help but get sidetracked by the whole Martin carry on.