The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hi guys, hope you’re well. Here’s a handful of my favourite posts after you lot won a friendly back in July.

Hi to all you freaks of nature. Do you see the score at Starks COYR

WEEEEE AREEEEE THE KINGS OF FIFE!!!

I know it was just a friendly but you didn't come through to get pumped, did you? Mcmanus played like that all of last season bar maybe 4 games. Mvoto will have you holding your breath with every touch. Who's your no 5? He's not very good is he?, and wee Joe is finished. Work to be done in the auld grey toun, it seems.

Nothing friendly about skullfucking your rivals.

Stick Mvoto up front. On last night's display (and judging by results in your other friendlies) he's as good an option as your "strikers".

Thanks for the giggles.

Sincerely,
The big team x

29 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Those were my thoughts, and with that in mind. Part time model might be his strategy. Or bringing in other money men. I wouldn’t be adverse to bring the Penman family on board. He expressed a desire to return, whether that’s a good idea I don’t know. We have to look for other money streams. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea. But he is a football man

Wouldn't be adverse either - but also should be getting out looking for new investment as well. Can we keep tapping the same the same folk for money?

Wouldn't be adverse either - but also should be getting out looking for new investment as well. Can we keep tapping the same the same folk for money?

Not tapping necessarily, he’s a keen investor. All that stuff that happened to the Scum reporter sealed his fate with the club. That was a long time ago. He has a massive ego. But Raith Rovers is in his blood, we need someone like that. Just don’t know if Sim or Sinton or the fans agree. A local family for a local club. He has money to invest, we can’t be too picky

Any idea if the board meeting is this morning or this evening?
Up for discussion we have:
New Chairman
Sack or keep manager
Full time or part time next season
Confirmation if we still plan to install the synthetic pitch this summer and when work should start.
Nothing too major then...

It will start with a 3 cheers to David Bates then after the strawberry tarts have been eaten the projector will be lowered and Sim will appear like the scene in Austin Powers with Dr Evil.

After that they'll show a montage of Alan Young's best bits like they do on Im a Celeb after someone gets voted out.

Mario Caira will bring out a taster menu for next seasons catering plans (I've heard there's going to be ice cream next season) and then down to business. Tom Morgan will be told to stand up on a trap door and told he has 30 seconds to convince Sim why he should stay on the board. His answer will likely be "because I like it" and then he'll be dropped into a pool of piranhas.

Sinton will be knighted as new Chairman and Barry Smith will be marched in by storm troopers and made to kneel in front of the projector screen and beg for forgiveness. He'll be spared but left with a smaller budget than last season and told he's on his final warning. Bill Clark will be sitting in the corner silently watching all of this sinisterly smoking a clay pipe.

Sim will do a Raith TV interview next time he's back from his island layer and convince everyone that everything's going to be ok because we have a plastic pitch now and we can all go for pints at the 200 club again.

Not tapping necessarily, he’s a keen investor. All that stuff that happened to the Scum reporter sealed his fate with the club. That was a long time ago. He has a massive ego. But Raith Rovers is in his blood, we need someone like that. Just don’t know if Sim or Sinton or the fans agree. A local family for a local club. He has money to invest, we can’t be too picky

Surley the issue with Penman would be if he’s investing he’ll want control. Can’t see him giving up his money for Sim/Sinton to decide what to do with it.

Surley the issue with Penman would be if he’s investing he’ll want control. Can’t see him giving up his money for Sim/Sinton to decide what to do with it.

Now is the time to work together, give him an executive role, just something that stabilises the club. We’ve been rudderless for two whole seasons. The BOD have been silent far too long. Any kind of investment can’t be knocked back. Penman is controversial, but the club can’t merely sit back any longer with dwindling support and a commercial team that do nothing to peak the interest of potential fans. It’s not a far flung idea. Or a ludicrous one

Now is the time to work together, give him an executive role, just something that stabilises the club. We’ve been rudderless for two whole seasons. The BOD have been silent far too long. Any kind of investment can’t be knocked back. Penman is controversial, but the club can’t merely sit back any longer with dwindling support and a commercial team that do nothing to peak the interest of potential fans. It’s not a far flung idea. Or a ludicrous one

It's not a far flung deal at all but realistically Penmans doesn't strikes me as the kind of guy to not look after his own interests firsts I'm afraid. Does he also not already have some kind of title as 'honorary club president' or something along those lines?

I was under the impression that Sim wanted all the dead wood out the door. Too many handshake deals with no substance. Favours for old pals etc. It was mentioned earlier, he's got the spotlight on him now. We'll soon see what kind of owners he's going to be.

Does anyone know how much money over the years he's actually invested into Starks Park since he's been the owner? The only real notable change he's made was the Railway Stand away end but not sure how much of that was him or the football club. I can remember stories of the Raith Suite being utilised as a working bar years ago and there's always been talk of these glass hospitality boxes going in.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Hi guys, hope you’re well. Here’s a handful of my favourite posts after you lot won a friendly back in July.

Thanks for the giggles.

Sincerely,
The big team x

Good point actually. I'd forgotten that, including this match, Smith's Rovers went 6 from 6 in Fife derbies this season.

Surely the only matter for debate at today's meeting is how long an extension Smith deserves.

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Does anyone know how much money over the years he's actually invested into Starks Park since he's been the owner? The only real notable change he's made was the Railway Stand away end but not sure how much of that was him or the football club. I can remember stories of the Raith Suite being utilised as a working bar years ago and there's always been talk of these glass hospitality boxes going in.

Sims?

He committed to putting in (through Starks Park Properties) £250k just last summer to cover the shortfall of remaining Full Time after relegation last May.  Per the 2017 accounts, he had already put in £100k, so the other £150k will have been introduced during the course of the season.

In addition to this, the 2016 accounts show one of his companies having invested £210k, and we are also due Starks Park Properties £350k

the 2018 accounts which I would expect be published around August or September will have the updated structure, so some of this soft debt may be written off. I recall reading somewhere that the directors had agreed to have around 50% written off.

Edited by GhostZapper

Hill, Bates and McGurn in Team of the Week. Pity none of them is at Stark's now.
Capture1.PNG.eec3940e7c860aa559169a6eaa9b0f33.PNG

And another ex Raith player in Craig Wighton.
His time at Starks Park was truly baffling. He was brought in as the next big thing, Dundee fans raved about him and yet he was absolutely terrible for us for the duration of his loan spell.
Good to see him doing well at Dundee again after a bad injury.