The New Raith Rovers Thread

Board meeting this morning - I would anticipate Sinton becoming the new chairman, following on from Young's resignation. As from what happens after that, its anyone's guess. We may hear later today whether the manager is staying or going, and what the plan is for next season with regard to FT or PT.
Has anything more been said on the pitch situation - I know they had said timing would be tight for the start of next season given we had an extra week in the playoffs - assume in that case the diggers will be going in today? Can't see that changing even after Saturdays result.

If they have any kind of ambition whether it’s P/T or F/T or a hybrid then the plastic pitch idea is folly. We’ll just have to wait and see

Board meeting this morning - I would anticipate Sinton becoming the new chairman, following on from Young's resignation. As from what happens after that, its anyone's guess. We may hear later today whether the manager is staying or going, and what the plan is for next season with regard to FT or PT.
Has anything more been said on the pitch situation - I know they had said timing would be tight for the start of next season given we had an extra week in the playoffs - assume in that case the diggers will be going in today? Can't see that changing even after Saturdays result.

I'd heard that it was going to be fairly sharp in getting started. Not sure how long the process is but I'm not sure how many bodies their expecting to find underneath the surface.

I'd say you're spot on with the chairman. I'd imagine that's actually always been the plan since Sim took over. We've got to remember that Barry Smith was appointed by the BoD before Sim took over the club side of things and then appointed Sinton as his main man.

It's also worth noting that Gordon Brown was in the directors box on Saturday. Not sure if it was just a coincidence or something more. Can't remember seeing him at a game for a long time and I can't imagine he was coming along to soak up the atmosphere of a game we were already 2-0 down.

Sinton is Sim’s right hand man so suspect he was always going to become Chairman at some point. Perhaps Alan Young saw the writing on the wall and that made his decision easier.  The decisions made around that table today on Chairman, Board and the managers future are going to define the next few years. Let’s hope they get them right 

I'd agree with that - Sinton always seemed like the long term successor - maybe Young was there simply as a transition period.

Gordon Brown has been to a few matches the past few seasons - I was certain I saw him at the Alloa game the week prior - you'd think however if he wanted to invest or was interested at all, he'd have done it a few years ago. He'd have some amount of contacts in the business world as well!

16 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

If they have any kind of ambition whether it’s P/T or F/T or a hybrid then the plastic pitch idea is folly. We’ll just have to wait and see

Synthetic surfaces not for you? even though its going to save us money long term?

Synthetic surfaces not for you? even though its going to save us money long term?

It depends on what they buy I suppose. I’m just worrying about the potential budget Smith or the incumbent manager will get. Please I’m not being an arse

This is an interesting first test of Sim and his control of the club. This season he’s been a bit arms length with previous decisions running through and Young still there as a lightening rod for anything that went wrong. Now with him gone it’s pretty much Sim’s show now. He’s the only one who has control and where we go from here will all be on him.

Will be interesting to see how he deals with that spotlight. When we got relegated he moved quickly to assume overall control of the club, now I guess we’ll see whether he has a grand plan or it was just opportunism 

Any idea if the board meeting is this morning or this evening?

Up for discussion we have:

New Chairman

Sack or keep manager

Full time or part time next season

Confirmation if we still plan to install the synthetic pitch this summer and when work should start.

Nothing too major then...

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Been a while since anyone produced an in depth run down of how much revenue a 3G pitch could generate compared to what it’ll cost. I like those. Someone do one.

I'm still looking forward to folk hiring a half pitch at the north stand end. Watching them run down Pratt street every few minutes as the ball flies over the wall. I'm sure a few will be nicked by the local youth. 

12 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It depends on what they buy I suppose. I’m just worrying about the potential budget Smith or the incumbent manager will get. Please I’m not being an arse

I'd read previously they are looking to go with the same as Falkirk.

I can't see this changing - Sim's was the man driving this, and ultimately will be paid for through the ground owner (Starks Park Properties), and through various grants,  rather than the club itself (in terms of legal entity anyway). However, you may have a point in terms of how Sims bankrolls it - he bailed us out last summer putting £250k of his own money in to keep us full time. If he is shelling out similar amounts for the pitch, he might not be as inclined to cover as much of the playing budget.

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

New Chairman

Sack or keep manager

Confirmation if we still plan to install the synthetic pitch this summer and when work should start.

I can't see the synthetic pitch changing given Sims has been the one leading the charge for it - apparently had we won the league the diggers would have been in last week....

New chairman will be Sinton - the FT/PT thing depends on how deep Sim's pockets are, and whether or not he has managed to drum up much local investment towards the pitch.

5 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I'm still looking forward to folk hiring a half pitch at the north stand end. Watching them run down Pratt street every few minutes as the ball flies over the wall. I'm sure a few will be nicked by the local youth. 

The initial plans included "associated work" which I imagine would include stuff like netting - you'd think so anyway..!

I'd read previously they are looking to go with the same as Falkirk.
I can't see this changing - Sim's was the man driving this, and ultimately will be paid for through the ground owner (Starks Park Properties), and through various grants,  rather than the club itself (in terms of legal entity anyway). However, you may have a point in terms of how Sims bankrolls it - he bailed us out last summer putting £250k of his own money in to keep us full time. If he is shelling out similar amounts for the pitch, he might not be as inclined to cover as much of the playing budget.

Those were my thoughts, and with that in mind. Part time model might be his strategy. Or bringing in other money men. I wouldn’t be adverse to bring the Penman family on board. He expressed a desire to return, whether that’s a good idea I don’t know. We have to look for other money streams. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea. But he is a football man

New Chairman
Sack or keep manager

Did hear a rumour 3pm staff to meet the major shareholder