The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

That’s exactly how we felt, I don’t think we have anything left, mentally or physically, to get through the play offs. We are literally bare bones and we couldn’t just make it over the line.

This isn’t mind games or psychology or whatever else when I say: Don’t worry, you will be fine on Saturday. THIS TIME, it’s done. 2 days on and I still can’t stop thinking about it. I can’t snap out of it. My head is a mess. 

Enjoy Saturday is all I can say.

Genuinely amazed that League 1 has this affect on someone.  That's absolutely grim.

I'll be dissspointed /gutted etc if we don't win promotion but that is something else.

Saturday didn't decide anything, it just threw the title race wide open.

Edited by CALDERON

19 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

raith have all the aces ! Alloa need to be careful with a game on the wednesday we had time to rest after the Ayr game but not this time 

a nervy 2-1 win to raith with alloa scoring first to keep us happy ......simples 

Big Andy Graham last minute equaliser while we beat Albion Rovers.

It's the hope that kills you. :(

I don't know how I feel anymore. I'm having occasional chuckles to myself when I think about the penalty miss or the Alloa second goal. Then there's a sick feeling in my stomach when I imagine if that had been us, then the butterfly's kick when I think it could be us. Then I wake up and wonder why I'm naked in my neighbours kitchen.

This weeks been a rollercoaster

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

My journey so far from the final whistle on Sunday

Incredulity - Elation - Optimism - Anticipation - Caution - Fear - Dread - Claustrophobic sense of impending doom

Isn’t Scottish football great. 

Saturday was the most relaxed I've felt at a game in ages. Went down with no expectations other than hoping for a win. Then Sunday happens and I'm really nervous. With that said, hopefully we can put in the same workrate and performance as last week. A lot tougher given how we know Alloa can play. 90 minutes away from being Champions and unbeaten at home.

33 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

He has put a few away with the head mind you ,can you imagine the scenes  if an ex ayr player did this :1eye

Would be proper scenes, he's well regarded at Ayr. Bit of a cult hero actually after his penalty heroics in the playoff final v Stranraer. Had the pleasure of speaking to him a few times as well and a nicer guy you couldn't meet. If you get Dumbarton in the playoffs he will be desperate to get one over on Stevie Aitken. Mind you lets hope you finish 3rd as it will mean you will have taken something from Raith.

27 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I think we’ll both lose. It’s been that kind of season.

I think I'd roll about laughing if we both let in last minute goals to lose.

Random question...

...can anyone remember that retro, old video game style video Raith TV did once?

It was like N64 style and was going through  the goals scored at the start of the season.

Anybody got a link? Can't for the life of me remember if it was this season or previous.

1 minute ago, St. Starko said:

Random question...

...can anyone remember that retro, old video game style video Raith TV did once?

It was like N64 style and was going through  the goals scored at the start of the season.

Anybody got a link? Can't for the life of me remember if it was this season or previous.

@Wardy

562fd4df4f98c407dc9079a1c08feb9e.jpg

2 hours ago, St. Starko said:

Random question...

Not sure what happened to that video to be honest...the Raith tv part of the website only goes back so far. I’m sure the footage will be archived somewhere though. 

13 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Not sure what happened to that video to be honest...the Raith tv part of the website only goes back so far. I’m sure the footage will be archived somewhere though. 

Didn't the Rovers fall out with the guy who used to take the videos of games and now he won't give the access to the older highlights?

15 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Didn't the Rovers fall out with the guy who used to take the videos of games and now he won't give the access to the older highlights?

Yeah I think so. But that was a long time ago...the video st Starko is on about was definitely filmed by Raith Tv

I might be wrong but I think that was Jim Foy. He used to run the club website up and do photos/videos before the club took it inhouse. No idea what happened but I'm glad Dan Elder has kept so many videos on his YouTube channel. It's strange looking back at how over the last ten years chubs have went from basic highlight packages to top quality editing for clubs like Alloa and East Fife.