The New Raith Rovers Thread

It goes pretty much without saying that even if we do get some very welcome cash from Bates’ move, it’ll be solidarity payments which we would always have received in this circumstance - even if we sold Bates to Rangers for a world-record fee.

It also goes without saying that Drysdale is still acting like a complete fanny.

6 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

The provisions concerning training compensation are set out in Annexe 4 of these regulations

Annex 4 then states that training payment levels will be set across four categories, and each national association categorises their clubs and determines a multiplication factor based on how many players need trained to get one professional. The player costs are shown here.

5ad0cbbb5a394_ScreenShot2018-04-13at16_24_26.png.298e9c9717c3c65d1832916ce5772ab1.png

According to the document, the SFA has to categories clubs across Cat 2, 3 and 4. Club categorisations are then meant to be published on the FIFA website but I can't find them. Under the SFA club licensing, Rovers are categorised as "Bronze" (from Platinum through to Entry), and for Youth, it just says FEFA.

So, not much clearer in how much we'd get, but a minimum of €10k per year. Wiki says he was with us from 2013-2017, so €40k? (And FEFA getting any money if he was trained there before Raith?)

On Drysdale's comments, maybe as well as a sell-on clause, or 'number of appearances for The Rangers' clause, there was hopefully a 'left you because you couldn't afford his wages clause'.

It also goes without saying that Drysdale is still acting like a complete fanny.

No difference from the usual then. How he has the balls to claim any credit is pathetic and sums him up. I always knew he was incompetent and did whatever he needed to to make himself appear useful and remain on the board. The guy owned the lowest amount of shares possible to be on the board (and I believe they were gifted to him) judging by him now being at Dundee is desperate to get back involved with the SPFL.

The problem we have now is that we still have a board full of complete incompetents who cannot see anything they're doing wrong. The marketing and PR side of the club is more amateurish than many junior sides.

Pleasantly surprising to only be two points behind.

A fair chunk of Ayr fans have already celebrated the title, absolutely no pressure on us.  Probably too little too late but a much better position than I thought we would be in.

Humour me here, OK... 

Imagine we beat Stranraer next week and Ayr lose at Alloa. We then beat Alloa on the final day to win the league. 

Meanwhile, Fifa rule that the Bates transfer is a high category payment due to the calibre of league and club that he's moving to. 

Chances are the exact opposite will happen but we can but dream! 

This has playoff disaster written all over it. Holding on by the skin of our teeth and Ayr will draw next weekend and then hammer Albion the following.
We'll go into the playoffs, in decent form, but wounded from Ayr winning the league on the final day and make a right mess of it. Similar to last season where we beat Ayr, but still didn't avoid the playoffs.

This has playoff disaster written all over it. Holding on by the skin of our teeth and Ayr will draw next weekend and then hammer Albion the following.
We'll go into the playoffs, in decent form, but wounded from Ayr winning the league on the final day and make a right mess of it. Similar to last season where we beat Ayr, but still didn't avoid the playoffs.

You must be a right laugh at parties eh?

33 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

To be honest there was absolutely nothing on show today to suggest we'll win our last two matches anyway. I would think two draws will do the job for Ayr.

Keep seeing yous saying that yet you have won 4 of your last 5. Must be doing something right. 

To be honest there was absolutely nothing on show today to suggest we'll win our last two matches anyway. I would think two draws will do the job for Ayr.

Can't agree with that. We played some good football in the first half. Second half not so good but, in all honesty, the game was won by half time.

6 minutes ago, Growl3th said:
2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Can't agree with that. We played some good football in the first half. Second half not so good but, in all honesty, the game was won by half time.

And not for the first time this season we took the foot off the noisy pedal.

Folk turn up to watch a team play for 90 minutes though. That sort of performance today was one we have seen at least a dozen times this season and it's the reason we're 20 goals worse off than Ayr.

The fact we were 2-0 up and had the crowd booing the players says it all.