The New Raith Rovers Thread

Was with us for 2 years. Struck up an excellent partnership with Liam Fox for the first 6 months then both turned to absolute shite!

I haven’t heard anything about him since he left us. It was like he just vanished off the face of the earth.

He's been over in Australia playing along with another former Raith Rovers player, Gordon Smith.

17 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Right that’s Craigen officially released from Falkirk. Get him signed Barry, before dumbarton sign him :lol: 

Not another CM.... we already have Robertson, Matthews, Herron, Hendry and Vaughan... there’s no room for Craigen.

7 minutes ago, Kdawg said:

Not another CM.... we already have Robertson, Matthews, Herron, Hendry and Vaughan... there’s no room for Craigen.

Craigen never played for us at CM though, and was a pretty decent option out wide, even if he wasn't a hit the byline and cross type winger.

Herron as agreed is bang average, even if I did argue at the start of season that he was baller and just unfit - I was wrong.
Hendry is a winger and very much untested.
Matthews yes, but not dynamic enough alongside Robertson.
Plenty room for Craigen especially since he’s quality and as mentioned can play wide also.

Do the right thing Bazza, bring him in...

Would jump at the chance to re-sign Craigen. Whilst he wasn't a winger, contributed to a lot of the play, drifted inside a lot, and did he not score 10 goals for us from midfield. That's a decent return for an attacking midfielder. If we are continuing to play Vaughan in the middle, I could see an exciting wee partnership there with Craigen on the left, Vaughan working hard in the middle... Robertson deep doing the holding role, and Barr on the right.

I'd be delighted if we get either of them back. Zanatta would add width which we're sorely lacking (he's only been gone one game), and Craigen offers both creativity and a goal threat.  There's a lot of names being floated about at the moment, but very little from the club ourselves. Guess the transfer window just brings the speculation naturally.

depends if there's any budget to sign anyone. Did Smith not have a defender lined up to cover for Bene and the board said no - budget was all gone....  December wasn't exactly great - home match on the 2nd then not again until 30th. The Albion Rovers game postponement cost us a Saturday home crowd and full hospitality lounge, so that won't have went any to topping up the finances. Likewise, the poor home grounds (excl Ayr) and no cup run wont help that either.

Maybe what we've got is our lot.... unless we get another development loan in where we wont be paying the wages.

10 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

depends if there's any budget to sign anyone. Did Smith not have a defender lined up to cover for Bene and the board said no - budget was all gone....  December wasn't exactly great - home match on the 2nd then not again until 30th. The Albion Rovers game postponement cost us a Saturday home crowd and full hospitality lounge, so that won't have went any to topping up the finances. Likewise, the poor home grounds (excl Ayr) and no cup run wont help that either.

Maybe what we've got is our lot.... unless we get another development loan in where we wont be paying the wages.

Quite the opposite, the deal was pretty much done but collapsed at the last minute when it came to light we had to fork out on medical bills due to McHattie and Cuthbert needing operations. Also the FFP said a couple of weeks ago we nearly managed to sign Nathan Austin (who went to ICT instead) and the word going around was we managed to outbid Livi. Someone on Fantalk also said the Chairman was in the 200 Club at the Ayr game and that he said we nearly managed to sign Aiden Connolly as well (not quit sure the truth in that mind you). Either way it would seem there is some cash available if the above is all true.

He hasn't been required to be honest. No point playing him for the sake of it.

I get that but surely Smith will want to see how he fits into the team on a match day rather than just training. The Forfar game would have been the time to give him some time in fairness as the other games have been a bit tight to try him in.

Not according to the player himself he’s not. He says he’s played there before but is very much a box to box centre mid. 

Fair enough mate, I’m just positive I read some where he was a winger.

All the more reason to go for Craigen I say ????????