The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, basher brash said:

How is Mr Gray the billionaire doing now still claiming benefits? Could never understand the hatred he had for the Rovers however I did he a few story about him which I’ll keep to myself

Very impressed at how, in one short post,  you managed to include errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation. 

On 17/08/2017 at 21:10, fcrover said:

Re lowest crowd - I recall that many years ago (centenary exhibition on the Museum??) there was a cash sheet from a nothing at stake, end of season game from close to the time if the exhibition which showed less than 200 paying with the total crowd of sub 400. Maybe some club history buff can confirm? 

Just been reading 'Always Next Season', and apparently we had a crowd of 142 for a midweek game against Forfar in February 1992. Is this a typo, can anybody verify this?

Folk on fantalk suggesting that Connolly was close to signing for us again last weekend, and Young was talking about it in the 200 club. Would greet with joy if he came back, but I'd be utterly astonished he'd leave when he's getting a run of games down south, or that another club at Scottish Championship level wouldn't take him. 

Looking for a BIG team in next round of the Scottish cup ?  Dumbarton or Peterhead  would fairly draw the crowds in for  us  in the next round ? might struggle against such strong sides tho ? lets just hope for a giant killing ? wish us luck ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Looking for a BIG team in next round of the Scottish cup ?  Dumbarton or Peterhead  would fairly draw the crowds in for  us  in the next round ? might struggle against such strong sides tho ? lets just hope for a giant killing ? wish us luck ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

All about the League for us this season, tazz.

Do you reckon East Fife will get past Brora Rangers?

12 hours ago, rw89 said:

Folk on fantalk suggesting that Connolly was close to signing for us again last weekend, and Young was talking about it in the 200 club. Would greet with joy if he came back, but I'd be utterly astonished he'd leave when he's getting a run of games down south, or that another club at Scottish Championship level wouldn't take him. 

We absolutely do need to strengthen though. Our bench on Saturday was hardly bristling with game changing replacements, and if Barr isn't fit we have no other options.

12 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

http://www.raithrovers.net/31071/raith-rovers-3-0-brora-rangers.htm

Seriously wish you well but they are not a bad outfit....would not be too cocky tazz they could give you some grief would not rule out a replay...

Who ever you draw you best hope they bring a crowd as you’ll never find one from Methil. Sub 500 against Alloa, utter diddies.

4 hours ago, renton said:

We absolutely do need to strengthen though. Our bench on Saturday was hardly bristling with game changing replacements, and if Barr isn't fit we have no other options.

Yeah. We've seen it before both for us (McKinnon re-shaping his team with Connolly, Panayioutou and Longridge) and against us (The Pars signing Hardie and Rutkiewicz) in title or promotion races. I suspect the board are aware how much is at stake and considering the options. Connolly really would be a superb signing. Can only imagine he's improved in his time down south. With that said we're very much speculating at the moment.

Even getting Zanatta back would make a huge difference. As mentioned, Barr was the only outlet out wide last week. With two wingers I think we might have done a lot more damage.

Yeah. We've seen it before both for us (McKinnon re-shaping his team with Connolly, Panayioutou and Longridge) and against us (The Pars signing Hardie and Rutkiewicz) in title or promotion races. I suspect the board are aware how much is at stake and considering the options. Connolly really would be a superb signing. Can only imagine he's improved in his time down south. With that said we're very much speculating at the moment.
Even getting Zanatta back would make a huge difference. As mentioned, Barr was the only outlet out wide last week. With two wingers I think we might have done a lot more damage.

Can’t see us getting Connolly but what a signing if we did manage it. Wee lad was a fantastic player for us last time. As you say lots at stake, do the board stick or twist and what will Ayr do?