The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Nice one. Smith's wee pre-match routine amuses me - a wee jig or shimmy at his left hand post. Clearly doing some muscle memory work there on how to out-jink an attacker.

Or not.

pity he didn't do his "wee Jig or shimmy" off his line to help out Davo on Saturday

No road closure on Sat (See o/s) surely there is an obligation on the police to provide this for a crowd of about 2,500. I know they are undermanned but that crowd coming out on to a busy street in the dark seems like a recipe for disaster to me.  Even 1 traffic warden seeing people across the road outside the ground would be something.

17 minutes ago, rrfsee said:

No road closure on Sat (See o/s) surely there is an obligation on the police to provide this for a crowd of about 2,500. I know they are undermanned but that crowd coming out on to a busy street in the dark seems like a recipe for disaster to me.  Even 1 traffic warden seeing people across the road outside the ground would be something.

This role has been devolved to Fife Council, their only job these days is to earn cash for the Council dish out parking tickets.

Lawyers4U or some other ambulance-chasing mob will be getting a call if I get clipped.

Not sure who does the risk assessments, but it must be fairly foreseeable that letting a couple of thousand punters cross a main road in the dark could be a hazard.

I'll own the Rovers yet.

5 hours ago, rrfsee said:

Agree

They(PS) obviously dont see hundreds of supporters heading up Pratt Street with one pavement and hundreds heading down Pratt Street after the game a safety issue.BTW they weren,t undermanned for the Arbroath  game a few weeks back when they shut off road after the game.I,m guessing by reading club statement that they never asked for a reason for PS not manning a road closure

Edited by Rovers_Lad

This might be a bit controversial and I know most people won't agree but I'd let Lewis Vaughan take it.

How exactly is that controversial? I’d be surprised if it was anyone other than him.

I’d be more surprised if we actually got a penalty though. Maybe thats why we signed Zanatta?... the boy loves to go down in the box

This might be a bit controversial and I know most people won't agree but I'd let Lewis Vaughan take it.

There is absolutely nothing controversial with that.

Yes in previous seasons, I'd have begged to keep him away from any set pieces as he used to be brutal at them but he's improved a hell of a lot since then.

Fair play to anyone who makes the journey to all 3 away games in the next week, some effort. I’ll be going to Peterhead since it’s a new ground for me to have ticked off the list.
Hoping for W against Dumbarton in the quarterfinal and would love to get to a final again. But would definitely play a lot of the 20’s players to ensure we have the best team available to Ayr away on the Tuesday.

Fair play to anyone who makes the journey to all 3 away games in the next week, some effort. I’ll be going to Peterhead since it’s a new ground for me to have ticked off the list.

Hoping for W against Dumbarton in the quarterfinal and would love to get to a final again. But would definitely play a lot of the 20’s players to ensure we have the best team available to Ayr away on the Tuesday.

I'll hopefully get to Dumbarton but that will be it. I agree that we should be resting some of our key players eg Robertson, Vaughan before the Ayr match.

I can see players like McKay and Watson coming back in for this game.

If Lennox is nearing a return then this would probably be the best chance to throw him in as well.

I don't think we'll rest Vaughan, Barr, Spence and Buchanan though. They seem to be un-droppable regardless of what game it is..

12 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If Lennox is nearing a return then this would probably be the best chance to throw him in as well.

I don't think we'll rest Vaughan, Barr, Spence and Buchanan though. They seem to be un-droppable regardless of what game it is..

There is a high probability of this happening as the U20's don't have a game next week and would preserve others for the Ayr game.

45 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Buchanan is usually rested for Challenge cup games. Pretty sure he wasn’t in the squad against St.Mirren..

7 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Was he not injured though? I'm sure we were told he had a knock for that game?

Not sure but he didn’t play against Brora either. Possibly knocks as you say. I’d leave Vaughan out of the dumbarton game and wrap him up in cotton wool for the Ayr game on the Tuesday. 

Anyone else noticed how, in the last couple of games Barr has been drifting in field a lot? Against both Forfar and East Fife there seemed to be a lot of occasions where the ball goes out to Thomson and Barr was in the centre circle, with no one making a run in front of the full back. I'm not sure if it's a deliberate tactic - to try and have the extra man in the middle to help out there, or if it's part of Bobby's "act like I'm involved but secretly don't want the ball" routine. If it's the former, I don't think it'll work very well, as he'll never put the graft in to get back out wide to cover when we don't have the ball, and not using Thomson as the out ball down the wing seems weird given how consistent that route is. A few times he did start to make the peeling run for Thomson to play him in, others  both he and Buchanan ended up making the same run - but Buchanan was actually further out wide than Barr.

Generally speaking Barr was a passenger on Saturday, but I'm not sure his positioning, if deliberate is going to help.