The New Raith Rovers Thread

I suppose the other thing they might try is moving Thomson to left back, Matthews to right back and Murray and Davidson in the middle, leaving Herron and Robertson in midfield.

Yeah. It seems unlikely he'll use McKay unless absolutely necessary. Thomson at centre back with Davidson and Murray staying at left back is also possible.

Lucky for us that Vaughan gives us at least a goal head start every game....

2 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

After yesterday's display I think young Rory Brian could get more game time, very soon.

If you watch the interview Barry was happy with the keepers contribution yesterday, saying he was unlucky for the goal and actually made a decent stop from point blank range. I actually think he's solid enough for this league anyway. Looks to organise the defence. Plus again as Barry rightly says, his kick led to the winner....

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

If you watch the interview Barry was happy with the keepers contribution yesterday, saying he was unlucky for the goal and actually made a decent stop from point blank range. I actually think he's solid enough for this league anyway. Looks to organise the defence. Plus again as Barry rightly says, his kick led to the winner....

Yeah, fair play.

It's I feel Smith flaps a bit at crosses and seeing young Brian when he last played he dealt with just about everytrhing very well.

The only thing that got by Rory that day was a rocket from Millar for Forfar's goal.

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

McHattie requires a minor operation as far as I'm aware, so doubt we'll see him for a few weeks.

Was that op not a while ago which is why we delayed signing him as we were waiting on him recovering? Smith said in his pre match interview he felt McHattie would be fine for the Ayr game so that's a quick deterioration to whatever injury he has if he needs further surgery. 

18 minutes ago, Cannon Fodder said:

We've absolutely rotten luck sometimes.

I find it ironic and annoying that this has happened yet Craig Barr has played every game so far for Dumbarton.

This is it. Feels like the club spent a lot time and money, patiently waiting to get Barr back to fitness, only for another club to reap the benefits. Meanwhile we lose Bene to a suspected broken leg..

That's a very selfish perspective however, and I can't imagine how shit it was to be in Craig's situation when he was with us. Wasn't his fault. 

Them's the breaks! (figuratively and apparently, literally). 

3 minutes ago, Leggy Blonde said:

This is it. Feels like the club spent a lot time and money, patiently waiting to get Barr back to fitness, only for another club to reap the benefits. Meanwhile we lose Bene to a suspected broken leg..

That's a very selfish perspective however, and I can't imagine how shit it was to be in Craig's situation when he was with us. Wasn't his fault. 

Them's the breaks! (figuratively and apparently, literally). 

We've had some ridiculously shit luck on the injury front since McKinnon joined. In that time we've had a ridiculous number of long term injuries, particularly for keepers. It'll turn at some point, but if necessary we'll need to add to the team to make sure we're keeping our position. 

24 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

So what's it to be? QP thread says Bene apparently 'fine'.... get to this one and he has a broken leg!

Was he seen by two separate doctors and one diagnosed the wrong leg?

we already have conflicting reports on here about McHattie

no conflicting reports about Bene

would it not be better if people keep quiet unless they are 100% in the know ?

2 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

we already have conflicting reports on here about McHattie

no conflicting reports about Bene

would it not be better if people keep quiet unless they are 100% in the know ?

Bene will be back for Saturday.

Spoiler

Image result for the black knight monty python gif

On the same subject, how far away is Lennox from returning? 

Yeah. It seems unlikely he'll use McKay unless absolutely necessary. Thomson at centre back with Davidson and Murray staying at left back is also possible.

Lucky for us that Vaughan gives us at least a goal head start every game....

That is the one thing that worries me to be honest. They had a ready made replacement for Bene in McKay. Instead they chose to move a midfielder into the back four instead. With Oesi getting his usual 30 seconds on the park are these U20 capable of stepping up to the mark , even in league 1. Looking at the substitutions of late it seems not.

http://www.raithrovers.net/31597/injury-update-kyle-benedictus.htm

Central02270717-225x300.jpg defender Kyle Benedictus had his injury assessed at The Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy immediately after Saturdays match v Ayr United.

Our captain has broken his Right Fibula.

Normal recovery time is between 6-8 weeks, and Kyle will be assessed by the consultant during his rehab.

We wish Bene a speedy recovery.