The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Worked for Craig Wilson.

Until he crashed out of the senior game, about 14 months after we let him go. Always thought it was weird how a full back, having been pretty regular in a team that finished 2nd in the 2nd tier, couldn't find any other offers beyond Forfar who were league 2 at the time, I think? and couldn't even get a game for them....

Until he crashed out of the senior game, about 14 months after we let him go. Always thought it was weird how a full back, having been pretty regular in a team that finished 2nd in the 2nd tier, couldn't find any other offers beyond Forfar who were league 2 at the time, I think? and couldn't even get a game for them....

Was abysmal for us

Matty Elder suggesting 50k on twitter and to be honest I have to agree with Skyline Drifter around that valuation being pretty much spot on.

I'm a big Rossco fan. Puts in a power of work from box to box. I'm always astounded by the volume of fans who don't rate him. You've got to look beyond his chronic ability to hit the target from 30 yards [emoji23]

I really rated Callachan he's a great example of the youth system at work and you can't grudge him a shot at hearts.

That said this cannae stand in the boys way pish needs to stop from the club. Also this late to into the window it should be big money or hearts should have been told to f**k right off.

I'll be honest and say I didn't rate Callachan before this season however the armband seemed to have changed him. I thought he's been fantastic this season, certainly working alot better along side Robertson.

If £50k then that seems reasonable and looks like the board has learnt how to negotiate. I heard from someone from Hearts say they've made several offers over the last week so that suggests we've not been screwed over.

As for Zanatta, i've made the mistake of youtubing the boy. Looks like a cracking player, vaughan like. Not sure how he fits in to our first 11 but certainly creates competition for places in the forward department.

Can't say I know much about Herron but from what i've heard appears to be a sound replacement for Callachan. If the boy comes in from Hibs too then happy days and hats off to Barry for some excellent business.

I look forward to seeing Matthews feature more as I think he potentially offers for than Callachan, especially as he's added some goals to his game. He looks a much better player in the middle of the park that out wide.

14 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

I'll be honest and say I didn't rate Callachan before this season 

Mad that you didn't rate him when he was facing semi competent opposition but now he's up against plumbers and posties week in week out he's turned into a decent player. Football eh? Funny old game. 

Not seen the Hearts kid but wasn't Murray the youngster who got motm against us in the last game at Easter Rd on the Wed night? He looked more than decent that night and for once we weren't playing badly.

Would have liked to have seen the young Hibbi on loan but now we have Zanatta we don't need him as it seems both their preferred positions are wide left.

Mad that you didn't rate him when he was facing semi competent opposition but now he's up against plumbers and posties week in week out he's turned into a decent player. Football eh? Funny old game. 

Wouldn't necessarily call both Dundee teams semi-competent...

Not thrilled about losing Callachan but if we manage to get Herron in as well as the lad from Hearts it will be a good bit of business. Bambino7 seems to be spot on about a lot of Hibs things so if he's right about Murray and we got all 3 I think that would be an excellent bit of business from the board to give us a bit more depth. Defiantly like to see Berry get some game time but we need a bit more cover than just him. Herron despite his injuries would give us Robertson, Herron and Mathews with a Berry as back up.