The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd say Robertson has had almost a good a start as Cal tho yeah Davo one is wishful thinking. I'm glad to see Cal getting recognised for how well he is playing given how much stick he gets.

Nobody will pay money for a League One 32 year old CM regardless of how well he's playing so we can rule out Robertson.

Matthews has barely featured this season so far, he only seems to be getting 5/10 mins off the bench here or there, so I can't see him attracting much interest.

The only one apart from Vaughan would have to be Callachan. He has knocked Premiership teams back in the past to stay with us though. He seems to love the Rovers. He's also just been handed the Captaincy 6 weeks ago, it would be a right kick in the teeth if he was to throw that right back at us. If he continues this form all season, he won't be short of offers next summer so it's probably in his best interest to stay put the now and get a choice of a few teams next summer than jump ship to the only one showing interest the now( which is more than likely Ross County or Dundee) so it's highly likely that he would be fighting relegation all season.

Nobody will pay money for a League One 32 year old CM regardless of how well he's playing so we can rule out Robertson.

Matthews has barely featured this season so far, he only seems to be getting 5/10 mins off the bench here or there, so I can't see him attracting much interest.

The only one apart from Vaughan would have to be Callachan. He has knocked Premiership teams back in the past to stay with us though. He seems to love the Rovers. He's also just been handed the Captaincy 6 weeks ago, it would be a right kick in the teeth if he was to throw that right back at us. If he continues this form all season, he won't be short of offers next summer so it's probably in his best interest to stay put the now and get a choice of a few teams next summer than jump ship to the only one showing interest the now( which is more than likely Ross County or Dundee) so it's highly likely that he would be fighting relegation all season.

Was he maybe given the armband to raise the potential price at a tribunal?

I really hope not.

We've all been worrying about potentially losing Vaughan before Thursday, that we haven't thought about the possibility of losing an equally valuable player in Callachan.

I can't fucking wait until Friday!

45 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Seem to recall one David Bates had very little first team time too, and then took off to Ra Gers.....just sayin'.  !!:whistle Miibbees aye, mibbees naw.

The bakers shops in Fife are superb. All you seem to get in the Stirling/Falkirk area are shitey Greggs and Baynes and you cannae even get decent rolls anywhere. 

There's a Stephens in Stirling. Bridie Friday is pretty popular at my work.

Why don't you just name the player and the team if you know.......or are you just making it all up?

We've been through this a lot in the past, I can't name the player or the team because it isn't common knowledge which would put the person who told me in an awkward position. It's not a massive stretch to guess who the player is. Most of the older posters on here know that I'm generally good for a bit of inside information, I guess we'll see come the end of the week if anything comes of it.

We've been through this a lot in the past, I can't name the player or the team because it isn't common knowledge which would put the person who told me in an awkward position. It's not a massive stretch to guess who the player is. Most of the older posters on here know that I'm generally good for a bit of inside information, I guess we'll see come the end of the week if anything comes of it.

Ok. I'll let you off then.

Only player we have who is good enough for the premier league other than Vaughan is Ross Callachan. I would be gutted to see him leave now as he has been superb this season. I have always liked him but this season he has looked  more composed on the ball and is retaining possession better. The team spirit has also seemed fantastic this season  under his captaincy. Would be a great shame if he left now especially as he has been so underappreciated by our fans and is even targeted by abuse from some people still. A young player as good as callachan  who rises through the ranks to become club captain and gives 100% every single week should be held in the highest regard. Nothing annoys me more at Starks Park than the morons who seem to jump on every mistake he makes. 

I will be an extremely happy man if Vaughan and Callachan are still Rovers players on the 1st of September. Kind of wish they both hadn't been in such tremendous form.