The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

That was my first guess, although I've genuinely no idea. Novo didn't manage it, and I think he was the first player to manage a 20+ goal season since Dalziel.

I was asked this by a Rovers supporter over the weekend - Rovers programme editor Phil Nic dusted off the record books, and the answer is:

"Several players have scored 8 in a row over the years. Notable ones were Dalziel with 8 in a row in 94-95, Haywood with 8 in a  row in 37-38. Winner was Joe Cowan: 13 in a row in 31-32"

Edited by Niall Russell

Anyone know the last player to score in eight consecutive games for us? Can't imagine it's too common an occurrence?

Does anyone have experience of home games attended in a wheelchair or accompanying someone in a wheelchair?
Interested in experiences re access and view of the game.
Becoming relevant for me but also saw a pic from an English game at the weekend where wheelchair view was ruined by polis!

Haven't looked it up yet, but not Dalziel, then possibly Keith Wright or Smudger in the mid 1980s.
You could possibly going as far back as Willie Penman, Francis Joyner or Norman Haywood.

8 – Raith Rovers climbed to the summit of Ladbrokes League 1 after thrashing local rivals East Fife 5-0 at Bayview. Lewis Vaughan was once more on the scoresheet for Rovers on Saturday; the forward has now scored in eight consecutive matches, banging in a total of 11 goals. The last time Rovers won an away league match by a five-goal margin was over 30 years ago, when they beat East Stirlingshire 5-0 in September 1986 on their way to gaining promotion from the third tier. It has been almost a decade since Raith scored five times in an away league fixture; that came back in April 2008, when goals from Graham Weir (2), Derek Carcary, Robert Sloan and Lee Bryce handed them a 5-2 victory over Berwick Rangers. 
Read more at https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/weekend-in-numbers-49/#G9yehiUEwtLv40Q0.99

The Carlton had no fudge doughnuts left when I was up at the weekend. :angry:
Not coming back if it happens again. 

Was that the one in T-hall? It runs out pretty quickly. There's also one at St Clair Street and in the Mercat now.

Speaking of records, after Graeme Smith's appearance on Saturday we have now started with 7 different goalkeepers to date in 2017 (Cuthbert, Lennox, Brennan, Penksa, Stevenson (:rolleyes:), Brian and Smith.

There can't be many sides who can match that.

48 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Was that the one in T-hall? It runs out pretty quickly. There's also one at St Clair Street and in the Mercat now.

The one in the Mercat and Whytescauseway. I'd forgotten there was one in T-Hall as well, but would likely end up disappointed again regardless. 

I had a frog cake instead, which was alright. 

40 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The one in the Mercat and Whytescauseway. I'd forgotten there was one in T-Hall as well, but would likely end up disappointed again regardless. 

I think you'll find they're called Paris Buns.

I'm sorry but if we are not playing our u20s on Saturday I would be questioning the reasoning of risking injury to any first team player.

If we do play our U20s it will be a two week gap between games. Surely we will have a strong side out, perhaps one of Berry or McKay will feature, as Smith will want to maintain momentum.

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

theres also two shops on st clair street and another on victoria road. maybe more not sure.