The New Raith Rovers Thread

The home end is around 800 I think, not sure about the Keytech side.  Used to be a steward in the railway stand when it was the Rovers supporters that did it pre Rock Steady.  New most of the regulars by name, never any problems until we played the terrible twins.

6 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Correct and never stated the club revolves around me,merely stated what match day experience is to me and many more like me

Let kids in for free or for a nominal fee may get some more along or Mr Sim could maybe build a a soft play area or games room with X boxes and the likes.Host kids birthday parties then Scary Bear has no excuse to miss any games

We,ve been banging on for years about being a community club so Mr Sim not saying much different

He talks the talk now we,ll see if he can walk the walk

I wish him well and hope hes successful

Can't let kids in for free when we've already sold x amount of kids season tickets.

3 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Can't let kids in for free when we've already sold x amount of kids season tickets.

Well these ideas from Sim aren't being put into play this season but going forward it could be an option.

20 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Home end was about 900 (nine rows of approx 100 seats). Away bit around 650 I think.

Geezo, crazy to think those stands could have nearly held the entire home and away support from the Forfar game. Really puts into perspective how sparse the south stand is at certain home games.

Geezo, crazy to think those stands could have nearly held the entire home and away support from the Forfar game. Really puts into perspective how sparse the south stand is at certain home games.

And how much of a waste of a money it is to even consider doing anything with it.

3 hours ago, renton said:

Whole thing used to be 1200, I think.

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Home end was about 900 (nine rows of approx 100 seats). Away bit around 650 I think.

Didnt think it was a much as that.I remember when they revamped the away section for the visit of Hearts and the knuckle draggers it was mentioned 500 extra seats for them

Didnt think it was a much as that.I remember when they revamped the away section for the visit of Hearts and the knuckle draggers it was mentioned 500 extra seats for them

Aye, but the size of your average *** probably meant they needed three seats per two people.

Our board need to sort out a strategy for growing our support asap. If we don't invest in that in the next few years we are going to end up a part time team who flirt with promotion to the championship 3 out of 10 years rather than what was predicted after the reclaim the rovers. Our support is only going to get older and in turn die off from here.

20 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Our board need to sort out a strategy for growing our support asap. If we don't invest in that in the next few years we are going to end up a part time team who flirt with promotion to the championship 3 out of 10 years rather than what was predicted after the reclaim the rovers. Our support is only going to get older and in turn die off from here.

Does that not come from a lot of the board being a similar age to the support you mention? They have (possibly unintentionally) forgotten about the fans and the club in the future after they have gone.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Given that most teams our size have fans who are 2nd/3rd/4th/5th generation, the answer is to get shagging.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Given that most teams our size have fans who are 2nd/3rd/4th/5th generation, the answer is to get shagging.

I've got 7 kids already, had all of them at various games over the years but so far only 2 are still going regularly.

Number 1 was put off by her first game being during  the anelka farce.

Number 2 was far to hyper to hold to a seat and now doesn't want to go,

3 is too cool to watch football or something like that

4&6 come along occasionally after last year bored them away

5&7 are season ticket holders but it's a struggle to keep them interested.

2 out of 7 is a fairly poor return I reckon and to make things worse I've got to keep the defective ones too :angel

5 minutes ago, mr mince said:

I've got 7 kids already, had all of them at various games over the years but so far only 2 are still going regularly.

2 out of 7 is a fairly poor return I reckon and to make things worse I've got to keep the defective ones too :angel

I'm guessing your wife is deaf.

Q; 'do you want to go to sleep or what?

A; 'what'

I can't wait for 8&9s first matches

Already on it. She's due in January!

The point stands though. The board need to make a big effort to get younger fans in. It's not an easy task but, I'm not sure what they have really done the past few years? I haven't seen anything publicised.