The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I,m contented with my match day experience when my team play well and pick up 3 points.A pint pre match,standing area,better catering or whatever you constitute an improvement to match day experience wouldn,t exactly enhance it for me

Agree 

Can't hide shite football with a 'great match day exeperience' IMHO

i drive to games so don't drink, and eat before getting to the ground, so the 200 club /Raith Suite / catering, has no impact on my 'enjoyment'.

Whatever the various pros and cons of improving our match day experience may turn out to be, and indeed whether any of them actually come into being, I have to say it's positive and refreshing that us fans are actually being thought about. John Sim is considering our comfort and enjoyment, rather than a) treating us with disdain and / or contempt b) blaming us for everything, whilst simultaneously expecting us to constantly dig in our pockets or c) both of the above.

Regardless of what may / may not end up happening with the stadium, it's good that fans are actually (at least on the face of it) being thought about.... which already feels like an improvement on the past few years! Bring it on, or should that be #bringiton ? :lol:

Just now, Raithie said:

Wonder how Sim plans to fund these radical ideas after basically saying we're in a shit ton of debt.

At the AGM that he mentions in his interview, he was of the opinion that when the ground was paid off the club could take out a loan to finance improvements.

I hope he's changed his mind since then.

3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I,m contented with my match day experience when my team play well and pick up 3 points.A pint pre match,standing area,better catering or whatever you constitute an improvement to match day experience wouldn,t exactly enhance it for me

Sorry to say but the club doesn't revolve around you. The club should be doing as much as feasibly possible to make the match day experience better, specifically for kids, to potentially increase our fanbase and future of the club.

The club seems to be in better hands now to bridge the gaps between the community and to make improvements which will help us in the long term.

3 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Agree 

Can't hide shite football with a 'great match day exeperience' IMHO

i drive to games so don't drink, and eat before getting to the ground, so the 200 club /Raith Suite / catering, has no impact on my 'enjoyment'.

Again, it's not about us 'older' fans who will follow through thick and thin. What it is about is getting younger people to the club, how do you attract a 12 year old to a Raith Rovers match? We can't attract them through good quality football so for 30 minutes before KO and 15 minutes during HT the club needs to look at ways of making it fun for kids.

Don't write off the importance of match day experience because we, as committed fans, will turn up regardless. We need to be looking at improving it for kids who don't normally go to the matches.

Edited by JinglinGeordie

8 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Regarding moving ends:

The amount of stewards in the ground is meant to be proportionate to the amount of supporters so it'd just be a matter of moving some to other parts of the ground that fans have moved to.

The movement of supporters itself shouldn't be an issue either. Simply walk around the back of the railway stand to your seat of choice. Nothing different from what we did going behind the dugouts before the new stands were fired up.

You're working on the assumption that every fan, home and away, would happily switch ends. If that wasn't the case you'd be lookIng at segregating individual stands which would surely increase stewarding costs? Unless Raith were to specify that switching ends was mandatory. I'd imagine that would alienate more fans than it would attract lapsed fans though tbh. 

Beware about soft loans. There's nothing soft about 850k. It's probably getting juggled about but someone somewhere owes it. We were told our loans were soft then someone new took over a bank and looked for it. Next thing we were nearly dead.
If you have a supporters meeting ask specifically who the money is owed to and why not just write it off? I smell BS

If I recall correctly, wasn't it the fact that Dunfermline used money they were due to pay in tax to finance years of extravagance and HMRC eventually took exception to this, tipping the Pars into administration?
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that we're not in any serious arrears with the tax man.

7 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't it the fact that Dunfermline used money they were due to pay in tax to finance years of extravagance and HMRC eventually took exception to this, tipping the Pars into administration?
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that we're not in any serious arrears with the tax man.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/21536293

He said there was no bank debt. If I recall correctly he said he had a deal with the bank until the bank told him to gtf when someone new took over. 

He also lied to the players, fans and others. 

Be very worried about soft loans. There's no such thing.

Let's be honest, we're going into the unknown and it's a bit difficult at the moment. This could easily be a clusterfuck or it could be brilliant for the club. Can't blame the Pars fans for speaking from experience. There'll always be Rovers fans who'll point to their case and say it was clear to see. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

You're working on the assumption that every fan, home and away, would happily switch ends. If that wasn't the case you'd be lookIng at segregating individual stands which would surely increase stewarding costs? Unless Raith were to specify that switching ends was mandatory. I'd imagine that would alienate more fans than it would attract lapsed fans though tbh. 

Away fans will be mostly housed in the main stand this season allowing potential home support movement to the other end.

Even when we have away supporters in the McDermid the recently developed Key-Tech stand would still be an option for home supporters wanting to be closer to the end we're attacking.

My thoughts on it are admittedly simplistic but it'd be good to get something in place to allow a bit of freedom once in the ground.

Where did Sim actually say he was looking to bring back swapping ends?

He didn't. He just said it was a great thing about watching us back in the day.

However, in terms of increasing the matchday experience, I would guess that giving the home support the chance to be a bit more involved when Rovers are shooting North would tick that box for plenty of fans.

I'd prefer it if we just tarted up the Railway Stand and re-opened that. Best view of the game was from there.

As I'm an old fart now, i can't be arsed with standing so don't want a return to terracing.

Visiting support should be housed in the away section of the Railway Stand as a default. The North Stand is way to big for most visiting supports.

To keep stewarding costs neutral. Section off half the South Stand and shut the North Stand.

While we're in this league, you could probably just shut the whole South Stand, if required.

Totally comes down to who pays for it. A club with a million pounds of debt (regardless of what kind of debt) who currently have about 6k empty seats every week probably aren't in a position to make expensive ground alterations that aren't necessary.

If Sim wants to pay for these out of his own back pocket then great.

11 hours ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Sorry to say but the club doesn't revolve around you. The club should be doing as much as feasibly possible to make the match day experience better, specifically for kids, to potentially increase our fanbase and future of the club.

The club seems to be in better hands now to bridge the gaps between the community and to make improvements which will help us in the long term.

Correct and never stated the club revolves around me,merely stated what match day experience is to me and many more like me

Let kids in for free or for a nominal fee may get some more along or Mr Sim could maybe build a a soft play area or games room with X boxes and the likes.Host kids birthday parties then Scary Bear has no excuse to miss any games

We,ve been banging on for years about being a community club so Mr Sim not saying much different

He talks the talk now we,ll see if he can walk the walk

I wish him well and hope hes successful