The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can't see Dundee United having cash to buy him. And if they did, I'd be surprised if they spent it on an attacker.

They already have Keatings, McDonald, N'Koyi, Fraser, Stanton, McMullan and King. 

Don't agree with some others that we couldn't win the league without Vaughan but we would have to be incredibly lucky with injuries and we have a much, much better chance with him in the team.

He's definitely our best player right now though and it's great seeing one of our own youngsters excelling and enjoying himself. Really hope we keep him for the rest of the season as I think he's worth more to us than any fee we'd bring in.

Rubbish. In 1995/96 we finished well above both of the Dundee clubs. In fact, we were literally a league above both of them. Vaughan must surely realise that.
Vaughan should hold out for Spurs or someone like that.

This is slightly off topic regarding Vaughan but wanted to say something about the Raith Suite on Saturday.
I personally thought it was very decent for a 'first run'. Being able to leave the pub at 2:55, no walk, and make kick off is glorious. It's also great being in the ground having a look at memorabilia and knowing your money (which you would be spending anyway) is helping the club. Drink-wise the spirits (35ml) are well priced. I understand that not having draft beer is a draw back - however, perhaps if more people come this may be reintroduced or more varieties of canned/bottled beers etc. I really think this is one of those things that if people endeavour to come to help the club it will get better and better. 
Over the course of the afternoon there must have been around 40odd people in - including a sizable group from Stranraer. Speaking the the barman he seemed to be of the opinion that doubling that would ensure the club make a wee bit cash from it. Our group has decided to go whenever we plan to have a few drinks before the game - I hope as many of you decide to get involved too. And that we as a fan base should encourage away fans to come in as much as possible. Do more people intend to give it a go?
Oh, and if anyone has any spare tele's to donate that would be class - having the football on is great, but only one tele in a large room isn't ideal. Again, these are things that will get better over time!
One last thing if anyone from the club is listening I think we should rebrand the name. To get the ball rolling I will throw out -  "the coca cola cup suite/lounge", "The Dancing in the streets suite" etc etc.

Coutinho to Barcelona
Dele Alli to Liverpool
Vaughan to Spurs
Sorted.

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Rubbish. In 1995/96 we finished well above both of the Dundee clubs. In fact, we were literally a league above both of them. Vaughan must surely realise that.

Vaughan should hold out for Hibs or someone like that.

:lol: fixed though. 

48 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Can't see Dundee United having cash to buy him. And if they did, I'd be surprised if they spent it on an attacker.

They already have Keatings, McDonald, N'Koyi, Fraser, Stanton, McMullan and King. 

Don't agree with some others that we couldn't win the league without Vaughan but we would have to be incredibly lucky with injuries and we have a much, much better chance with him in the team.

He's definitely our best player right now though and it's great seeing one of our own youngsters excelling and enjoying himself. Really hope we keep him for the rest of the season as I think he's worth more to us than any fee we'd bring in.

I,m sure Utd wouldn,t miss 50k/100k out of the 800 k they got from Robertsons move to Liverpool from Hull

Dunfermline just signed another attacker to add to their long list so see no reason why Utd wouldn,t sign another attacker and in Vaughan something different to what they already have

20 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I,m sure Utd wouldn,t miss 50k/100k out of the 800 k they got from Robertsons move to Liverpool from Hull

Dunfermline just signed another attacker to add to their long list so see no reason why Utd wouldn,t sign another attacker and in Vaughan something different to what they already have

He won't be playing for Dundee Utd this season. 

14 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I am pretty sure they would. United will be losing huge amounts of money by playing  another season in the championship. Even with the money for Robertson they will still run at a loss this season. So spending 100k on a young player who has never played a full season seems highly unlikely to me.

Out of interest does anyone know how many players Dundee or United have paid cash for in the recent past?

Might need to check this but I think Utd paid for Toshney, Durnan, Telfer, Muirhead, Murray, Robertson in the last few years

I really don't think they will spend money for Vaughan unless they are really struggling for forwards but they've got a pretty decent forward line as it is.