The New Raith Rovers Thread

I would imagine that stewards at our level should really have a pretty easy job.  Rarely any “real” crowd issues to deal with and it should be a case of keep your head down and get through the game.

The worst ones tend to me those who think they are like a branch of the police force.  Walking around with Bluetooth headsets or walkie talkies treating bottles of fruit shoot as if they were mobilising troops towards a terrorist target.  A game at Morton springs to mind when one of the stewards asked for “backup” to the away end as it was a “hot-spot”.  About ten pissed up Rovers fans refusing to sit down and causing minimal fuss to anyone from my memory.  Think the same steward went in a huff last season as fans were swearing too. 

3 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Yes, I make typos and because I am visually impaired I do not always pick up on them. I will have another look over the article and change anything which is spelt wrong. Thanks for letting me know I've missed certain mistakes within the article. 

Apologies for that buddy.

Speelchecker is definitely your friend though.

Head Steward: Right guys, what articles could pose a risk to people within the stadium?

Steward A: Lamping someone off the coupon with a penny might be painful. A lighter as well might prove useful as a missile. The stick on a flag could be dangerous.

Head Steward: Decent suggestions. Anything else?

Steward B: ...bottle of fruit shoot.

Head Steward: Now we're talking!!!

Taking a fruit shoot of a kid is just ridiculous. Especially when it's being used for medicinal purposes. Would they allow someone an insulin shot in the stadium if it was needed for the same reason? I would hazard a needle would cause more damage than a bottle of fruit shoot.

None, probably because they're not allowed in!

That could be the reason. Maybe we should ban coins in grounds. They are thrown way more often than bottles.

Either way, some of the rules make little sense. On probability it's unlikely that the kids are going to launch a fruit shoot.

That could be the reason. Maybe we should ban coins in grounds. They are thrown way more often than bottles.

Either way, some of the rules make little sense. On probability it's unlikely that the kids are going to launch a fruit shoot.

One of our "fans" got a banning order for doing that.

As an aside, I bought a half bottle of whisky on Links Street and smuggled into the game against Falkirk which we won 2-1, possibly around 2002/2003. Bought coffees and poured it into our coffees during the game. Made the game way better. I can be seen high-fiving the scorer of our second goal (Craig Stanley) while blootered. Don't think I lobbed the bottle on the pitch.

Edit: we actually won 2-0 on 3rd January 2004. If was Stanley that scored, though! Amazed I remembered that.

Doing what? Lobbing coins or fruit shoots?

Lobbing coins. If my memory serves me right it was during the game for promotion v the pars at eep. I hadn't seen the guy at starks for a couple of years till last Saturday so I'm guessing his ban is over.

50 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I certainly remember a lighter getting thrown during the derby at east end. Shame games like that bring out the fannies.

The guy who posts on here from Fife's Finest was actually defending him after the incident. Excessive goading or some bollocks like that.