The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Raith25 said:

Murray at centre half with bene with mchattie at left back is more reassuring than Davo at the back with Murray out on the left

If we have space to sign one more player, then we either sign a left back - probably McHattie - so Murray can move inside to centre back to replace Davo, or it's a centre back to replace Davo and leave Murray out wide. On the one hand I think Murray has been reasonable as a left back and I like having the long throw, and I also think it's easier to find a good centre back than a good left back. On the other, we'd still only potentially have the one left sided defender, leaving us in all kinds of shit when injuries hit.

As much as I don't think it's a part of the game which comes naturally to him, he did set up our goal on Tuesday.

He did, and it was a good goal. I was sitting exactly at the point where he put the ball in and if it was intentional to put the ball where it went to then well done, if it wasn't (which it IMO have looked like) then well done to Vaughan for being where he was to get the ball into the net.

"a better option" than Murray, don't think so 

Murray at centre half with bene with mchattie at left back is more reassuring than Davo at the back with Murray out on the left

Case and point [emoji121]️

Raith going in right direction despite defeats - FFP.

Smith also confirmed that Raith are continuing to monitor free agent Kevin McHattie but the left back, who was released at the end of last season, is currently struggling with injury. “We’re still speaking to Kevin, but he’s got a wee knock at the moment,” he said. “He just needs to make sure he recovers from that knock before we put pen to paper. “With such a tight squad we can’t afford to be carrying players.”

Edited by Beachbum

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

He did, and it was a good goal. I was sitting exactly at the point where he put the ball in and if it was intentional to put the ball where it went to then well done, if it wasn't (which it IMO have looked like) then well done to Vaughan for being where he was to get the ball into the net.

Weren't you in danger of getting in the way?

To get almost 1,000 season tickets at this level on the back of budget reductions and our worst season since Dalziel was manager is excellent news. Hopefully we can keep a core support at over that level, and try to encourage others along.

I've been critical of the commercial side recently, but they've done well on that front. I still think we need more about the club out and about the town(s) though.

6 minutes ago, rw89 said:

To get almost 1,000 season tickets at this level on the back of budget reductions and our worst season since Dalziel was manager is excellent news. Hopefully we can keep a core support at over that level, and try to encourage others along.

I've been critical of the commercial side recently, but they've done well on that front. I still think we need more about the club out and about the town(s) though.

063e321621f6202787205153f290d2045678a9b66b99f9a027635c046b4f75de.jpg

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

We are seemingly trying to sign Liam Smith on loan. I see he was with you last season but not for long - was it just typical Locke signing a guy from Hearts?

He played two games as cover for Thomson and went off injured against Morton, never to be seen again.