The New Raith Rovers Thread

I thought Vaughan was disappointing today. His distribution was pretty poor and I think he's still trying too hard. Robertson, as others have said, was classy and I liked the look of Murray again. Wee word for Osei too, who showed well in his 10 mins or so. I'm quite heartened by the display - some good play and chances. We should be ok.

Lots to build on, but pretty positive.  Thought Robertson was brilliant.  Final ball was lacking today and set pieces weren't very good at all. 

We should have scored though, which is positive.

I travelled with Fifes Finest for a couple of seasons around 8-10 years ago and it's harsh to tarnish everyone with the same brush, some very nice and sound people. Unfortunate that several are fannies that let the rest and mostly the club down. Very cliquey (if that's a word) and turning a blind eye to the nonsense is the biggest problem, mind that each empty seat on bus means rest each pay more!

Same time, some of the goody goody stuff I read on places like here, Fantalk etc make out the rest of our fans to be saints. Not true by a long shot. Come on though, we are watching football each week, not snooker. Whether right or wrong, football around the globe is attended by passionate people who sometimes shout, sometimes swear, many drink too much alcohol, sometimes abuse or insult opposing fans/players...even their own players. It has been that way at Starks since I starting going in the early 80's and will be the same once we are all gone. I would say in general our fan base is pretty knowledgeable about the game and behave okay, feel sorry for some of you poor saps, you should be grateful with what you have and that you don't support a side with hundreds/thousands of 'arseholes' spouting pish and causing trouble week in week out!

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Or the one today ?

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

It was Davidson that conceded the penalty.

21 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

On line report said Robertson conceded it 

A minor error.

Keatings made it 2-0 from the spot when Ian Davidson bundled on-loan midfielder Sam Stanton off the ball to concede a penalty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40619922

14 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

I travelled with Fifes Finest for a couple of seasons around 8-10 years ago and it's harsh to tarnish everyone with the same brush, some very nice and sound people. Unfortunate that several are fannies that let the rest and mostly the club down. Very cliquey (if that's a word) and turning a blind eye to the nonsense is the biggest problem, mind that each empty seat on bus means rest each pay more!

Same time, some of the goody goody stuff I read on places like here, Fantalk etc make out the rest of our fans to be saints. Not true by a long shot. Come on though, we are watching football each week, not snooker. Whether right or wrong, football around the globe is attended by passionate people who sometimes shout, sometimes swear, many drink too much alcohol, sometimes abuse or insult opposing fans/players...even their own players. It has been that way at Starks since I starting going in the early 80's and will be the same once we are all gone. I would say in general our fan base is pretty knowledgeable about the game and behave okay, feel sorry for some of you poor saps, you should be grateful with what you have and that you don't support a side with hundreds/thousands of 'arseholes' spouting pish and causing trouble week in week out!

In this case it's not goody goody. It's condemning people mocking the disabled. That's just basic decency.

Can I say that Fifes Finest do a lot of good work for charity, provide the club with donations and are the ones who provide the atmosphere at away games. Yes there are occasions where they get out of order but overall are sound guys COYR

I was over in April from Canada , my first time in Scotland . My wife and I spent the whole month driving around the country , stopping in to catch the Rovers every weekend . I was not impressed with the language for sure , sporting events in Canada won't tolerate that behaviour . I know it's the "culture " of football - not  good . Not sure how you change it . It is a small minority . I met some of the boys from FF . Top men - very nice to me and my wife - unfortunatly the minority paint everyone envolved with the same brush. We can't say enough what a beautiful country Scotland is , the people are  amazing - can't wait to get back COYR!!!

Can I say that Fifes Finest do a lot of good work for charity, provide the club with donations and are the ones who provide the atmosphere at away games. Yes there are occasions where they get out of order but overall are sound guys COYR

It is brilliant that they raise money for the club.

Does that make them any more worthy of being fans of the club than people who don't quite raise as much money?

Does that give them more right to act like that towards a couple of disabled fans though?

Them raising money for the club has got absolutely nothing to do with their behaviour today.

I was at every home and away game last season apart from County away in the league cup and Morton away in October. The last time they made a half decent atmosphere was away to Dundee United in September.

Today had the potential to be another one of those days.

Alas, it was not to be.

You could do all the charity work for the club in the world, but you'll still be a c**t if you act like that to disabled fans or dish out racial abuse. There's a lot of good people who get their name dragged get pulled through guilty by association but at the end of the day if you continue to hang about with people like that then you really need to learn the lesson. This isn't PC gone mad, or anything like that as folk might try to claim. If that's the level of chat folk have then you really need to have a word with them. 

32 minutes ago, CanuckSFAfan said:

I was over in April from Canada , my first time in Scotland . My wife and I spent the whole month driving around the country , stopping in to catch the Rovers every weekend . I was not impressed with the language for sure , sporting events in Canada won't tolerate that behaviour . I know it's the "culture " of football - not  good . Not sure how you change it . It is a small minority . I met some of the boys from FF . Top men - very nice to me and my wife - unfortunatly the minority paint everyone envolved with the same brush. We can't say enough what a beautiful country Scotland is , the people are  amazing - can't wait to get back COYR!!!

Hope you're back again soon Steve. Ideally we'll have a bit more of a successful season this time around. 

2 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Fly with the crows you get shot with them.

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Did no Raith fan fancy stepping in when this was happening with regards to the disabled fan?

Exactly this but would appear nobody had the baws to do anything about it

It is brilliant that they raise money for the club.

Does that make them any more worthy of being fans of the club than people who don't quite raise as much money?

Does that give them more right to act like that towards a couple of disabled fans though?

Them raising money for the club has got absolutely nothing to do with their behaviour today.

I was at every home and away game last season apart from County away in the league cup and Morton away in October. The last time they made a half decent atmosphere was away to Dundee United in September.

Today had the potential to be another one of those days.

Alas, it was not to be.

Totally agree! I was the same. At most home and away games last season. Fortunately for me at home games I don't sit anywhere near them so I don't hear half the nonsense they spout.

I'm all for fans being vocal and trying to make an atmosphere. But when it's targeting disability, or racist, or even just stupid nonsense that isn't even funny and is cringeworthy instead, it's not good to hear. Even last year at hibs away in the playoff I was unfortunately stuck next to one of their group who seemed to find it funny to call Jason Cummings, gayson cummings. I don't get it! How is that meant to spur on our team?

Also hate when they decide to start booing an opposition striker, especially one who was never associated with our club, as they always seem to go on and score against us (like Keatings today)

You can say that but I'm afraid all the charity work in the world doesn't excuse you to behave like a reprobate every Saturday. They provide atmosphere?? That's true if you count racist, homophobic and just downright ridiculous chants as atmosphere I suppose. The match day experience would be vastly improved if these guys stayed away, hopefully they take the hint.

13 hours ago, sonicsco said:

Some of our support was embarrassing today. Guy siting with fifes finest thinking he a comedian all game saying the same non funny crap all game then has a go at a disabled fan In a wheel chair. By telling him to sit down, then it it was sit down or we will clam your chair. Utter embarrassing.

This us utterly disgusting. I decided not to go today. I normally go with my disabled son.

Fife Finest are a bunch of tossers. No exceptions. They have been embarrassing our club for years with their inane, juvenile drivel.

If they actually had any morals or conscience they would stamp this out from their wee clique.

Of course they will roll out the "we raise money", "we create an atmosphere" bollocks.

Who cares. Act like human beings.