The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

How's it going to work getting access to Raith Suite if you don't have a season ticket??

When the 200 Club was in the Raith suite members who wanted to sit in the south stand bought a transfer ticket at the main stand turnstile.

Im not sure if you'll get to just cross over at track-side or if you'll need to come out and back in at the south stand turnstiles though.

Did anyone see the old boy that sells 50/50 tickets offer Bobby Barr a square go outside society and then try and hit him with his walking stick?

He was there tonight having a giggle about it.

I just came online to read a bunch of grown men salivating over new football shirts. Anyone already enquired at ACA how much it costs to get a name and number on the back?

Whatever they quite you, double it cos their printing is shite and you'll need it redone properly

10 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

You had a whole stand to sit in. Didn't have to be in the suite.

True but then the parading of the new strips would've been on the pitch...........actually that would probably have looked pretty good.

I support the team in many ways but I've never thought an out of shape grown man wearing a replica top was ever a good look. 

You own loads of replica tops. Bayern for example. You wear football tops all the time. Get the strip bought ;-)

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

If I wasn't a grown up I'd be all over that home top, V V nice. 

9 minutes ago, rrfcgav said:

Your immature as f**k and younger than me and I'll be getting it so just get it haha.

2 minutes ago, rrfcgav said:

You own loads of replica tops. Bayern for example. You wear football tops all the time. Get the strip bought ;-)

Dazzle on the ropes here, taking a standing 8 atm.

Interestingly the only beers, on draught, available were Stella and Perroni at £4.50 a pint. They were having 'issues' with their Tenants. Someone complained about it saying it was deliberate and some staff member said they had plans to make Society the Rovers pre match pub with half price beer and food if people show their season ticket/match ticket. It'll probably come to nothing as people will just make use of the McMillan lounge if it's being open to all fans pre match.

Well "half price beer" is a promotion and alcohol promotions are illegal in Scotland, so that's nonsense.

Would it not been better to open the South Stand concourse and the 200 club and held the diplay in the concourse and anyone wanting a drink visit the 200 club.  All money going to the Rovers.  It's not rocket science you know I dispair about what is running Raith Rovers they seem to go from bad to worse.

Would it not been better to open the South Stand concourse and the 200 club and held the diplay in the concourse and anyone wanting a drink visit the 200 club.  All money going to the Rovers.  It's not rocket science you know I dispair about what is running Raith Rovers they seem to go from bad to worse.

Society are a sponsor and that will have been part of the sponsorship deal, therefore there is a financial gain for Raith from tonight

2 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Can't agree with this. Society is a good venue for this type of event. A mostly empty stadium wouldn't have had any atmosphere. I personally thought the event tonight was pretty good. Some fizz and food put on, good timing, just the right size venue to feel busy and have a bit of a buzz. Players and manager in good form etc 

Not being funny but the Raith Suite / 200 Club and all of the main stand "facilities" are like something out of the dark ages. I say knock it down and build something purpose built with a few bars/suites, one of which could be open and generating revenue all day, everyday.

Can't agree with this. Society is a good venue for this type of event. A mostly empty stadium wouldn't have had any atmosphere. I personally thought the event tonight was pretty good. Some fizz and food put on, good timing, just the right size venue to feel busy and have a bit of a buzz. Players and manager in good form etc 
Not being funny but the Raith Suite / 200 Club and all of the main stand "facilities" are like something out of the dark ages. I say knock it down and build something purpose built with a few bars/suites, one of which could be open and generating revenue all day, everyday.

Agreed. Also take in to account the cost for the club for staff and for food to be brought in from outside the stadium with the unpredictability of how many people will actually turn up.

Sorry guys have to disagree with you there.  This was a Raith night and as such should have been held at Starks Park.  Munter if you want dark ages you should have been around when it was terracing behind the goals and there was a tunnel underneath  "c" stand in the main stand where there was a toilet.  If yoy were brave or stupid you went there if like most supporters in those days you went up to the back and did your business. You want toknock it down and how do you propose to fund this?  I doubt if you can come up with a reasonable and sensible reply.

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Did anyone see the old boy that sells 50/50 tickets offer Bobby Barr a square go outside society and then try and hit him with his walking stick?

If its the same boy Im thinking about, then he was giving him a bunch of verbal last night at the game, and Barr was giving it back. 

Jiglin Geordie so you only went for the freebies ok understand where you are coming from now another freeloader.  The 200 club is run by volunteers no one takes a wage.  As for food Mario would have opened up the pie stall if asked.  I forgot that would have cost you money that would have gone to the Rovers sorry.  The pie stall might have remained closed then shocking.:(

Edited by steakngravy
Forgot to end properly.

Steakngravy I remember the terraces and the ash clouds/asbestos cladding at the rear of the sheds! Biggest thing I miss at the football is standing. Would love to see the area in front of the main stand, or the in the railway stand used for "safe standing". Anyway if Simm is taking over and wants to make Starks sustainable for the long term I'd suggest replacing the main stand and including facilities such as a conference room, couple of hospitality suites/corporate boxes, a bar etc would be the way to go. The Pars have done this to good effect and many other smaller clubs around the UK. The biggest hindrance to the club is the ground, it's just no use for generating revenue away from football every two weeks. Btw Good to see a woman's game tomorrow night, hopefully a good earner for the club.