The New Raith Rovers Thread

Happens every single year, without fail. Remember some fans boooing the team off after a defeat to East Fife a couple of years ago. Went on to have our best league finish in almost 20 years.

I wasn't booing, but i remember being fuming at mckinnon for just standing there with his hands in his pockets after such an abject performance. Thought it was setting the tone for the season, how wrong i was.

Pre season use to be all about getting fitness up, getting tactics sorted, but know they have integrated the league cup with it, we have less time to get things right for what will be a tough group. Think that's maybe why theres a bit of panic and frustration creeping in, possibly mixed with the hangover from last season as well.

18 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

The other trialist defo was Connor Pepper.

I could be wrong, but I thought he was out for a bit longer yet with that nasty injury he picked up last year.

Anyway, players giving it back to fans is excellent and should be encouraged. Especially at friendlies. That sort of thing is wonderful entertainment.

The other trialist defo was Connor Pepper.

I could be wrong, but I thought he was out for a bit longer yet with that nasty injury he picked up last year.
Anyway, players giving it back to fans is excellent and should be encouraged. Especially at friendlies. That sort of thing is wonderful entertainment.

"Defo" wasn't. It was the guy from St Johnstone mentioned earlier.

It wasn't Connor Pepper. It was Connor McLaren.
c9ab875a3b34b99e4bf704a232a96cff.jpg

Anyway going by last nights performances..

McLaren( No.2 trialist) was never in the game

McMullin(No.3 trialist) could be a decent addition. Was probably our best player going forward at times yesterday. Didn't make any mistakes defensively either. Already an upgrade on McHattie.

Although McHattie was in the stand yesterday and he came over to speak to a Rovers fan sitting 2 rows in front, and if I heard him properly... he's expecting to sign next week.. hopefully I mis-heard him though. If he was expecting to sign, you'd think he would have played as a trialist yesterday as well..

If Sean Mackie is being dished out on loan, I wouldn't have minded a look at him for the left back slot.

I don't think McHattie is a terrible player but I'm pretty unsettled about the fact we appear to be keeping more of a relegated team than we did McKinnon's side that finished 4th so convincingly.

Obviously you've established that it's not him but just to confirm, Sonsteam is correct about Conor Pepper still being injured and he won't be signing for anyone this summer.

He injured his knee in February 2016, was close to returning in December, then the same knee went in a development game and that was the end of his season. We offered him the use of training facilities while he returns to fitness but he's still not close to it and can't afford to stay in Scotland without a club, so he's returned to Ireland for now as he probably won't be fit again until January. It's a real shame for him, but if he does get himself fit again he'd be an excellent signing for anyone in League One.

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/pre-season-games-to-focus-on-match-fitness-1-4496394

"Smith added Raith were pretty much at their limit as far as recruiting new players was concerned, although he was still looking to bring someone in to the left-back area."

If that's definitely the case then we simply don't have the players to go out and play 4-4-2 every week, and barely enough central midfielders to play 3 in there.