The New Raith Rovers Thread

Never really rated Buchanan. Very average and very inconsistent.

He's also a lightweight.

What about the Nando's King? Rate him?

I've never been impressed when I've seen Buchanan either but he scored a few goals last season. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play a few games.

Spence should be fine. We all know what we're getting.

5 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Not entirely disagreeing with you, but I bet you never said that when his faither and his cohorts were within earshot at Bayview.

Not entirely sure what you mean. If you are implying I'm one for shouting abuse at players then you are wrong.

I said i never rated him. Seemples.

As for his "faither and his cohorts", quite frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

Noticed nobody has mentioned the fact that once he actually plays a game for you, Liam Buchanan will become one of the very few who have played for all 4 Fife Clubs!!!

Sure a select group that I'm pretty sure that their number is actually in single figures!!!

ETA:

of course we had him when he was good!!!

da20c438bcd3a2cc3b1168205dfbb63e.jpg

Told first hand that this wasn't confidential info so here is where we stand at the moment...

John Sim has put forward proposals to buy out the entire shareholding of the club owned by New Raith Rovers and put funding in that will clear the club's liabilities and has already committed funds to allow full time football this season. He has plans for the stadium regarding the artificial pitch and development/much needed maintenance of the ground.

Mr Sim intends on making the club a self-sustaining community asset and has put forward ideas to bring younger board members in who have relevant skills and experience to freshen things up a bit.

The Buchanan transfer wouldn't have gone through if it hadn't been for JS financing it.

The general consensus was that things may be very, very bleak if these proposals aren't voted through. Relegation ensures that we'll be running at another substantial loss as we have been doing since the supporter-led buyout in 2005 which JS provided the essential funds for.

The BoD are very content that he has the club at heart and has become even more of a supporter having been more involved in recent times. He was spoken of as a clever 'numbers' man.

Terms will have to be ironed out but in our current circumstances Mr Sim's proposals appear to be the best way forward by far.

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Noticed nobody has mentioned the fact that once he actually plays a game for you, Liam Buchanan will become one of the very few who have played for all 4 Fife Clubs!!!

Sure a select group that I'm pretty sure that their number is actually in single figures!!!

ETA:

of course we had him when he was good!!!

Scott McBride is another from recent times. 

He was shite, however. 

3 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

He's also a lightweight.

Can't agree with this at all. Buchanan lost his way for a while - mainly because of injury - and his career seemed to be on a real downward spiral. I wasn't particularly excited when Barry Smith brought him from East Fife to Alloa. He was exceptional that season, however, and got his career back on track. Plenty of goals, all round game very good. Neither average, inconsistent or lightweight. Produced goals consistently against bigger clubs. When Chopra was with Alloa he was really impressed with Buchanan. Could easily have been playing in the Championship last season (and this season obviously). I love Spencie, but I suspect Buchs is the better all round striker.

Edited by Waspie

3 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

He's also a lightweight.

He was the best striker  in league 1 last year ! Probably voted by some of your own players as well. Think looking at the stats your deluded by that comment obviously excelled with better players when with Alloa then Livingston however I'm sure you will prove everyone wrong as big Pagey will keep him quiet

Told first hand that this wasn't confidential info so here is where we stand at the moment...
John Sim has put forward proposals to buy out the entire shareholding of the club owned by New Raith Rovers and put funding in that will clear the club's liabilities and has already committed funds to allow full time football this season. He has plans for the stadium regarding the artificial pitch and development/much needed maintenance of the ground.
Mr Sim intends on making the club a self-sustaining community asset and has put forward ideas to bring younger board members in who have relevant skills and experience to freshen things up a bit.
The Buchanan transfer wouldn't have gone through if it hadn't been for JS financing it.
The general consensus was that things may be very, very bleak if these proposals aren't voted through. Relegation ensures that we'll be running at another substantial loss as we have been doing since the supporter-led buyout in 2005 which JS provided the essential funds for.
The BoD are very content that he has the club at heart and has become even more of a supporter having been more involved in recent times. He was spoken of as a clever 'numbers' man.
Terms will have to be ironed out but in our current circumstances Mr Sim's proposals appear to be the best way forward by far.

Well that has shut a lot of you up.

big Pagey will keep him quiet

He certainly did last season , when we beat Livi 4 times!!! [emoji6]

Pagey was also in the League One Team of the Year as voted for by his fellow players!!!

Hear to help!!!

So are we going on the basis the pre set playing budget hasn't been used to sign Buchanan and we have Sim to thank for that? Hopefully we're not paying him the ridiculous amounts Livi fans are suggesting otherwise I'd have to question if Sim is 'good with numbers'.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

So are we going on the basis the pre set playing budget hasn't been used to sign Buchanan and we have Sim to thank for that? Hopefully we're not paying him the ridiculous amounts Livi fans are suggesting otherwise I'd have to question if Sim is 'good with numbers'.

Probably the best strike force we can realistically have for the third tier. Brought in to give us the best chance of going straight back up.

Relegation, as we all know, was an unmitigated disaster. 

Possibly a good sign that John Sim is willing to fund 'marquee' signings if (when) he does take over the running of the club?

15 hours ago, King Kebab said:

He certainly did last season , when we beat Livi 4 times!!! emoji6.png

Pagey was also in the League One Team of the Year as voted for by his fellow players!!!

Hear to help!!!

It's you mate that's having trouble with a players ability, when clearly your talking out your back side when stastically he was the best striker in the league so your opinion counts for nothing, You beat Livingston 4 times means nothing when you didn't even reach the play-offs so don't see your argument ? To be honest let's see how the season unfolds and the league will tell its own story, we deservedly when down cause we were gash 

v Edinburgh City

1 Lennox, 6 Benedictus, 14 Davidson, 5 Murray, 3 Trialist, 8 Robertson, 12 Matthews, 2 Trialist, 11 Barr, 9 Buchanan, 10 Vaughan. 
Subs, 17 Trialist GK, 4 Callachan, 7 Spence, 16 Court, 15 Trialist, 20 Trialist, 18 McKay.

Edited by Beachbum