The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

That god we now have something to talk about rather than biting to every EF fans post!

That's good old rivalry for ya. #TopBantz

Area at Southfield Industrial estate in Glenrothes is attracting some interest from a certain gent with connections to your mob.

(I'm in the know);)

10 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Here we go... Another classic example of a typical Rovers 'Doom and Gloomer'! "Let's just stick with it", "we don't like change".

The message was simple a few years ago when he shocked everyone (including the BOD) at the AGM. Where is this club going? If I remember correctly, the phrase was "we've steadied the ship, let's set a course". Where have we ended up? Back in League 1 after all these years of working to get the club stable again. We were in such a fragile position that 1 bad managerial appointment almost sent us back to part-time football. If we don't do something then we will never move forward.

Mario Caira has had plenty out of the club for his investment. He's one of the main reasons we don't move forward, he has complete control over the catering at the club which is why it's never been changed since the late 90s (except for the price). We need to move forward not just plod along and hope we'll get it right every now and then.

Where did I state that I don't like change?

Claude Anelka was 'change'. Did you like the way he moved us forward?

I'd wait and see what the proposals are before mercilessly thrapping your wee twanger.

I see talk of creating 'safe standing' areas: conventional terracing is now accepted in the top flight, you wouldn't need to piss about with any of the convertible rail seats nonsense.

Do whatever's needed to the railway side to get it a safety certificate and provide a decent view, then open it as a terrace rather than spending a large sum of money to ruin it with seats.

Also, if you do have some mentalist thinking moving to a new stadium is a good idea with no idea how to pay it you've obviously got far bigger things to worry about than how it looks, but make it one seated main stand which can also have office space, bars, hospitality, etc, then three terraces at the other ends. Sitting at the football is awful.

A quick scan of my council computer(during my morning break) states that the ground and main stand in particular is not listed.
The old church opposite the ground is however.

What old church?

I think I saw on the Rovers Facebook page, mention of a Raith Tv interview or piece at 5pm? It was at the bottom of a post about the latest victims of #Roaringback 

No idea what / who it was to be about. 

Edited by Nairney

6 minutes ago, Nairney said:

I think I saw on the Rovers Facebook page, mention of a Raith Tv interview or piece at 5pm? It was at the bottom of a post about the latest victims of #Roaringback 

No idea what / who it was to be about. 

Yep,its the latest tweet on the official site

edited,interview with Thomson

Edited by Rovers_Lad

A quick scan of my council computer(during my morning break) states that the ground and main stand in particular is not listed.
The old church opposite the ground is however.

https://www.historicenvironment.scot/advice-and-support/listing-scheduling-and-designations/listed-buildings/search-for-a-listed-building/

Invertiel Guest House is listed. Don't think it is still a guest house.

Old church( which may now be a house)opposite the Main Stand.The amount of birthday partys,anniversary you attend surprised you,ve never been to one there 8)

My pal's mum and dad used to own the Guest House. I first met Marvin Andrews when he was staying there.

I'm still confused where this Church is. Need to have a look on Google Maps.

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

My pal's mum and dad used to own the Guest House. I first met Marvin Andrews when he was staying there.

I'm still confused where this Church is. Need to have a look on Google Maps.

Up the hill next door from what was the guest house.

Was also known as The Tryst and was a venue for deliquents ;)

There you go.
columba.jpg.278bf31ecf40c78d39943909ebec7c41.jpg

Ah, cheers. According to the Listed Buildings Register, the only building near Starks which is listed is the building which was 21 Pratt Street, Invertiel Guest House. And it was only Category C listed.

Good news for any future gangsters who want to build flats on Starks Park.

Change tack slightly - what's the chat with the new strip? AUFC had a body painted topless wifie illustrating theirs. I'd be happy if someone would just draw it.

Revealed on 2nd week of July by all accounts.