The New Raith Rovers Thread

Regarding McHattie, It's not totally outwith the realms of possibility that Smith may work on his positional shortcomings and improve the player. He's still young after all, not some tired old player set in his ways.

The assumption that the same players who were at the club last season when we were relegated won't be good enough doesn't really carry much clout as Smith may be able to set up a cohesive unit with decent tactics and they may have better teammates playing against worse opponents.

Chances are that he won't completely demoralise them like thon big galoot Hughes.

Usual pre-season concerns regarding the squad. We'll be fine.

I think alot of people are giving Smith far too much credit as a manager. There's a reason we got him fro East Fife. He's potentially a good manager at league 1 level. I don't think he's going to drastically turn our bad players into good ones though.

You all moaned about the current board and cried for 'someone'...'anyone' to takeover. It's now happening and you're all moaning. Football fans eh

Unless McHattie is putting a sensational takeover offer on the table then the moans and groans are a minority view at this stage.

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

Prepare for no investment. Prepare to be the next Clyde, Airdrie, Clydebank, Third Lanark.

I really don't get his involvement in Rovers. He has no interest in Rovers, he's not even a football fan.

Add to that the fact that he's extremely difficult to deal with and I can see only dark, dark days ahead.

What do you base this on?

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Unless McHattie is putting a sensational takeover offer on the table then the moans and groans are a minority view at this stage.

Quite the turn of events if Kevin McHattie buys Raith.  

Finally a man with some business sense at a very high level. The board don't get on with him for one reason only, he's a threat to them. He's someone that can give the club a kick up the arse it needs. Be interesting to get the full story but this can only be a good thing. Time to clean out the dead wood and get us #BackRoaringBack!

Mr Geordie is spot on, there were people on here suggesting more fans on the board after we were relegated, now we are getting the change we wanted from a man that is the only person that is realistically the only/right person to move our club forward.

I'll be interested to see if Penman will be there or not. Get the impression he was the BODs option to get Sim out.

15 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Finally a man with some business sense at a very high level. The board don't get on with him for one reason only, he's a threat to them. He's someone that can give the club a kick up the arse it needs. Be interesting to get the full story but this can only be a good thing. Time to clean out the dead wood and get us #BackRoaringBack!

Mr Geordie is spot on, there were people on here suggesting more fans on the board after we were relegated, now we are getting the change we wanted from a man that is the only person that is realistically the only/right person to move our club forward.

I'll be interested to see if Penman will be there or not. Get the impression he was the BODs option to get Sim out.

At the risk of coming across as argumentative, on what basis are you so positive about John Sim coming in?

At the risk of coming across as argumentative, on what basis are you so positive about John Sim coming in?

I'm positive about the fact that if he wasn't where he is just now in relation to Raith Rovers then where would we actually be? Who else was going to take on the debt and stadium when we were desperate? Based on our boards "expertise" in businesses and organisations Sim wipes the floor with them, unfortunately the dithering about that's been done over the last 5 years at the club has finally shown with a disaster that was always waiting to happen. Why did this happen? Poor management and organisation at the top level. Why was this the case? Poor credentials from the people at the top. Turnbull Hutton was a director of one of the biggest whisky companies in the world, educated at Harvard uni and experiences in international business. Sim has been a senior player at KPMG and a CEO of a major international accountancy firm. He's not written a crime novel and not worked for the council, not down the bevy park selling ice cream, worked as a bank manager causing the biggest economic crisis in modern history and not some partner in a small scale Edinburgh based accountancy firm. The guy has clout and has an investment.

When we were all crying for this knight in shining armour to come in and rescue the club, what were we actually hoping for here??

Penman has no interest in any of this. Neither one side or the other.

Suppose we would have to see who Sim appoints as directors to see where we are heading. New blood or the same old? Heard ex chairman David Sinton mentioned. That's not a good early sign.

If he gets control we would be heading for an artificial pitch. I'm not too keen on that.

Penman has no interest in any of this. Neither one side or the other.

Suppose we would have to see who Sim appoints as directors to see where we are heading. New blood or the same old? Heard ex chairman David Sinton mentioned. That's not a good early sign.

If he gets control we would be heading for an artificial pitch. I'm not too keen on that.

Sinton was recently added as a director to Starks park property

If sim wants caira and huttons shares, pretty sure that would give him a majority sharing, drysdale and young wont like not being in charge so may well be next out leaving sim to hold them ransom, and bring in his own men to run things unless he is back for good and wants in on the action.

hearing tonight he wants to sell starks park with immediate affect, use the money from sale to clear all football clubs debts, he then along with business partners fund a community based stadium that can be used for a number of events aswell as bump up the matchday experience similar to airdrie, falkirk, even the dark side along the road. And share with east fife.! 

We have been going backwards slowly in the back ground for years, need someone to properly shake it up.

hospitality ro be ripped up this season due to the last two seasons failings, the suites in main stand to become bars open on matchdays. This should bring in lore income hopefully as £40-£60 for these games will never sell.! 

I say bring it on, time for change is now, time for a new direction is now, as long as sim is honest with us all from day one and open about his intentions then bring it on. 

Fife free press may well be an interesting read..

Embargoed story untill tomorrow regarding sale of stadium.....

2 minutes ago, BayRover said:

If sim wants caira and huttons shares, pretty sure that would give him a majority sharing, drysdale and young wont like not being in charge so may well be next out leaving sim to hold them ransom, and bring in his own men to run things unless he is back for good and wants in on the action.

hearing tonight he wants to sell starks park with immediate affect, use the money from sale to clear all football clubs debts, he then along with business partners fund a community based stadium that can be used for a number of events aswell as bump up the matchday experience similar to airdrie, falkirk, even the dark side along the road. And share with east fife.! 

We have been going backwards slowly in the back ground for years, need someone to properly shake it up.

hospitality ro be ripped up this season due to the last two seasons failings, the suites in main stand to become bars open on matchdays. This should bring in lore income hopefully as £40-£60 for these games will never sell.! 

I say bring it on, time for change is now, time for a new direction is now, as long as sim is honest with us all from day one and open about his intentions then bring it on. 

Fife free press may well be an interesting read..

Embargoed story untill tomorrow regarding sale of stadium.....

Noticed similar rumours floating about on twitter. This is either going to be an excellent move which completely rejuvinates the club, or it'll be a disaster which could put us under. 

The positives are that we'd get away from a stadium which is a nightmare to maintain, next to a railway line on the edge of town in an area with very little public transport links. We could put in the likes of an astro-turf, and not be lumped with the huge costs. We could have the club up the top of the town, get better links to it, and build it up on the community side. 

On the other hand, we'll be putting our lot with a man the majority of us know hee-haw about. We'd be getting rid of our ground, and going into a groundshare for at least a few seasons. It can be difficult to get planning permission in areas, and it's not going to be cheap. For all we know, Sim could sell the ground for housing development then lose interest. 

One things for certain, the club needs a revamp in some form or other. Stark's is a nice enough stadium, but we got fucked by the 10,000 seater rule when teams were looking at competing with England in the 90s. 

5 hours ago, SuperHans said:

I'm positive about the fact that if he wasn't where he is just now in relation to Raith Rovers then where would we actually be? Who else was going to take on the debt and stadium when we were desperate? Based on our boards "expertise" in businesses and organisations Sim wipes the floor with them, unfortunately the dithering about that's been done over the last 5 years at the club has finally shown with a disaster that was always waiting to happen. Why did this happen? Poor management and organisation at the top level. Why was this the case? Poor credentials from the people at the top. Turnbull Hutton was a director of one of the biggest whisky companies in the world, educated at Harvard uni and experiences in international business. Sim has been a senior player at KPMG and a CEO of a major international accountancy firm. He's not written a crime novel and not worked for the council, not down the bevy park selling ice cream, worked as a bank manager causing the biggest economic crisis in modern history and not some partner in a small scale Edinburgh based accountancy firm. The guy has clout and has an investment.

When we were all crying for this knight in shining armour to come in and rescue the club, what were we actually hoping for here??

I hope your positivity is proven to be correct but I have a bad feeling about this.

Also, we might already be looking elsewhere for a team to watch every Saturday if it wasn't for the man who was "down the Bevvy park selling ice cream."

I hope your positivity is proven to be correct but I have a bad feeling about this.
Also, we might already be looking elsewhere for a team to watch every Saturday if it wasn't for the man who was "down the Bevvy park selling ice cream."

Here we go... Another classic example of a typical Rovers 'Doom and Gloomer'! "Let's just stick with it", "we don't like change".

The message was simple a few years ago when he shocked everyone (including the BOD) at the AGM. Where is this club going? If I remember correctly, the phrase was "we've steadied the ship, let's set a course". Where have we ended up? Back in League 1 after all these years of working to get the club stable again. We were in such a fragile position that 1 bad managerial appointment almost sent us back to part-time football. If we don't do something then we will never move forward.

Mario Caira has had plenty out of the club for his investment. He's one of the main reasons we don't move forward, he has complete control over the catering at the club which is why it's never been changed since the late 90s (except for the price). We need to move forward not just plod along and hope we'll get it right every now and then.