The New Raith Rovers Thread

Great can't wait for the derby in the League Cup now.  Guaranteed to both score against us.

That strike force is phenomenal for this level.  Think almost every club in the league will be envious.

Great stuff.

Cuthbert, rb,lb, Bene, Murray, Matthews,Vaughan,Callachan, Spence, Buchanan, Barr. 

Subs. GK, Robertson, Court, Stevenson, defender, 

Docherty to come as LB? 

Keeper required, 2 defenders or 3, another winger/forward.

looking better than it did a week ago.

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

Great stuff.

Cuthbert, rb,lb, Bene, Murray, Matthews,Vaughan,Callachan, Spence, Buchanan, Barr. 

Subs. GK, Robertson, Court, Stevenson, defender, 

Docherty to come as LB? 

Keeper required, 2 defenders or 3, another winger/forward.

looking better than it did a week ago.

Docherty apparently better in the middle of the park? Think we'd still need another proper can't quite defend, not that great at going forward, f**k me is that him trying to take a throw in type of left back in the traditional Rovers mold.

Don't really know a lot about Murray - Centre half?

I would rather Docherty if he comes in as a left back as I think Matthews and Callachan are of the midfield mould who work hard and do the dirty work.

Really hope we can sign a creative midfielder who can chip in with goals and provide service for the strikers.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Docherty apparently better in the middle of the park? Think we'd still need another proper can't quite defend, not that great at going forward, f**k me is that him trying to take a throw in type of left back in the traditional Rovers mold.

I wonder if he had ex team mate Rory McKeown in the car with him?

2 minutes ago, renton said:

According to his stats Euan Murray can play anywhere across the back four but his main position is in the centre.

Perhaps with Cal, Matthews and Roberson onboard and having Davo and Stevenson in reserve we are more in need of wingers and defenders now?

2 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

I would rather Docherty if he comes in as a left back as I think Matthews and Callachan are of the midfield mould who work hard and do the dirty work.

Really hope we can sign a creative midfielder who can chip in with goals and provide service for the strikers.

Vaughan in a number 10 role?

Bobby Barr..? If he's staying, The much adored Lewis Vaughan?

With Davo and Robertson as midfield cover, I'd say we only really needed 1 more midfield signing to be 100% on that part of the team. Don't know what luxury we have with budget etc so might be a slender squad and depend on the Dev squad when injuries/suspensions come into it. Might be why players like Davo and Murray are important for us as they can act as utility players between midfield and defence.

2 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

According to his stats Euan Murray can play anywhere across the back four but his main position is in the centre.

Perhaps with Cal, Matthews and Roberson onboard and having Davo and Stevenson in reserve we are more in need of wingers and defenders now?

Who needs wingers?

---------------------------Cuthbert------------------------------

---Thomson------Murray-------Benedictus-------Some shitty terrible left back

-------------------------Matthews--------------------------------------

----------Callachan------------------Robertson--------------------------------

-------------------------Vaughan-------------------------------------------

------------Spence--------------Buchanan-------------------------

very happy with the 2 strikers. I've moaned plenty the past couple of seasons (outwith us signing Hardie) that I couldn't see where the goals were coming from. 2 players that could both easily score 15-20 goals for us next season each in that league, if the supply is there for them.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Who needs wingers?

---------------------------Cuthbert------------------------------

---Thomson------Murray-------Benedictus-------Some shitty terrible left back

-------------------------Matthews--------------------------------------

----------Callachan------------------Robertson--------------------------------

-------------------------Vaughan-------------------------------------------

------------Spence--------------Buchanan-------------------------

^^^ John Hughes IMO. Poor Bobby Barr...