The New Raith Rovers Thread

So, considering Vaughan has a year left to run... let's just say he has no intention of staying after that, what do people think would be a fair/decent price for him this summer?  Personally, would be disappointed if he left for any less than 100k. Our board will be looking to curb the shortfall in cash from their season long f**k ups but I really hope they don't roll over and get their bellies tickled like usual...

If we're willing to hold off for 100K then he will still be here come September. None of the teams mentioned will pay that for an unknown quantity. Thats exactly what Vaughan is. He's had an excellent 2 months for us back in 2015 then had a half decent 4 months for Dumbarton towards the end of the season past.

If we're willing to hold off for 100K then he will still be here come September. None of the teams mentioned will pay that for an unknown quantity. Thats exactly what Vaughan is. He's had an excellent 2 months for us back in 2015 then had a half decent 4 months for Dumbarton towards the end of the season past.

So having said all that, what would you happily take for him right now? Or what do you see a realistic value for him to be?

I would wager we will somehow negotiate a deal that sees us net less than a development fee would be worth.

Something like £0 up front, 2.5% of any future fee and the season long loan of the worst player in Dundee's development squad (that's right, even worse than Wighton) should do it.

He was very good for years in the championship before getting injured and then coming back really poor, he was a solid right back who used to get forward at every opportunity, unfortunately he has totally stopped this recently and isn't as solid as he once was. 

I wouldnt be bothered if we lost him, which is something I never thought I'd say a while back. 

11 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

What's your man Jason Thomson like guys ?

Thoughts please......

since he came back from injury a few months ago, not the player he was

being captain I reckon he had to put up with a lot of hassle between some players and Yogi

think this and his university course didn't help matters

too much going on and not enough football also think Gary F Locke stopped his forays up the wing, which were good

hope he stays put, working in our front office as well to do with his uni course.

Regardless of Vaughan, I reckon you'd get a few Dee's in from us as McCann and Smith are close.

He took Jesse Curran to East Fife last season so he's maybe a decent shout for a loan perhaps?

So, considering Vaughan has a year left to run... let's just say he has no intention of staying after that, what do people think would be a fair/decent price for him this summer?  Personally, would be disappointed if he left for any less than 100k. Our board will be looking to curb the shortfall in cash from their season long f**k ups but I really hope they don't roll over and get their bellies tickled like usual...

If we do sell him I'll be shocked if we get more than £50,000 for him. If someone offers that for him they will be saying aye that will be fine cheers [emoji106]????

Good luck to the boy, sadly I'm now of the opinion that regardless of how good he could be I just don't want his weird, I'm 12 years older than him 'best mate' bambino spilling secrets about him on this thread, so if he goes he goes. If he stays I'd welcome it as well, bambino or not

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Ignoring who might be bidding, what sum would make you think "ah well, not bad bit of business"?