The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Being careful not to upset certain Vaughn groupies I can sympathise with Hans' view on Vaughn. His loan was such an unbelievably stupid move on our board's part but, it's a classic case of absence makes the heart grow stronger.

In his time at Dumbarton his reputation and ability in the minds of rovers fans has snowballed somewhat. It reminds me of when Steven Fletcher wasn't getting called up to the the Scotland squad by Levein. Members of the tartan army built him up to be something he wasn't. He doesn't even get in the squad with a manger who doesn't bare a grudge these days.

I think there is going to a lot of pressure on Vaughn to get goals next season, hit the ground running. His record, albeit at a higher level, doesn't indicate he's going to be that 25 goals a season players and, yes, I realise there is more to his game than goals but I think the argument still holds up.

This isn't really me having a go at Vaughn, I rate him highly, but he's got a lot to live up to this coming season.

Vaughan. It's Vaughan. Vaughan. 

If you're relying on Smith to sign you a striker, you're in trouble. I don't think he's signed a striker that scored for the club regularly he signed for in his managerial career, I could be wrong though.

ETA: Watch as a Smith signed striker puts Dundee to the sword now in our upcoming game.

If you're relying on Smith to sign you a striker, you're in trouble. I don't think he's signed a striker that scored for the club regularly he signed for in his managerial career, I could be wrong though.

ETA: Watch as a Smith signed striker puts Dundee to the sword now in our upcoming game.

If Smith dose sign us a striker al scroll back on this thread and call you out with your quote, Poet Of Macabre style

Oh! Watch out lads! It's Vaughans personal internet security. Scouring the World Wide Web for anyone saying anything bad about his man crush!

Is Lewis not needing his arse wiped or has he given you the night off?

Give it a rest man, f**k sake.

You seem to hold Vaughan in very high regard when he's scored 9 goals in 58 games for you, hardly prolific.

9 goals in just 22 starts though, which is a fairly reasonable record. We hold him in high regard because he's performed really well for us in the past. Seems pretty straightforward.

He's never scored as a sub??

I haven't checked, and I'd presume he has, but using your numbers to slight him is a wee bit misleading.

Last season for example, includes 4 appearances that lasted 1 minute, 2 minutes, 7 and 11, which isn't a huge period of time to boost your goal tally.

In his career to date, he's averaged a goal or assist every 118 minutes, which is fairly formidable, so hopefully you can see why we're keen on him.

I haven't checked, and I'd presume he has, but using your numbers to slight him is a wee bit misleading.

Last season for example, includes 4 appearances that lasted 1 minute, 2 minutes, 7 and 11, which isn't a huge period of time to boost your goal tally.

In his career to date, he's averaged a goal or assist every 118 minutes, which is fairly formidable, so hopefully you can see why we're keen on him.

Aye, but...but...but...there's better players in the squad, ken?

© SuperHans 2017

Aye, but...but...but...there's better players in the squad, ken?

[emoji767] SuperHans 2017

All you guys have done is greet about potentially losing Vaughan. Hardly a mention of Bobby Barr... Player of the year and a better, more experienced player than Vaughan.

Anyway, if he's staying then I hope he does the job for us.

9 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Oh! Watch out lads! It's Vaughans personal internet security. Scouring the World Wide Web for anyone saying anything bad about his man crush!

Is Lewis not needing his arse wiped or has he given you the night off?

^^^^ check the state of that c**t :lol: 

All you guys have done is greet about potentially losing Vaughan. Hardly a mention of Bobby Barr... Player of the year and a better, more experienced player than Vaughan.

Anyway, if he's staying then I hope he does the job for us.

Reading between the lines, the decision to make Bobby Barr the Players Player of the Year, was at least partly taken to bend it right up John Hughes.

I think most folk would also like him to stay, but if forced to choose between them for some hitherto unknown hypothetical situation, I'd choose Vaughan.

A lot of fawning over a player who is essentially a slightly better then mediocre Championship forward. Would any Raith fan have batted an eyelid if he'd been loaned out to a League One side last season? Probably not.

I appreciate the way that he helped relegate Raith was a pretty hilarious turn of events but it seems to have put a lot of pressure on him to fire Raith straight back up. 

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

9 goals in just 22 starts though, which is a fairly reasonable record. We hold him in high regard because he's performed really well for us in the past. Seems pretty straightforward.

It's also worth noting that there's far more to his game than goals. He's more of a creative type than a (for example) John Baird-esque out and out goalscorer. He'll probably weigh in with 12-15 goals next season, and a similar number of assists.