The New Raith Rovers Thread

Delighted Cat is going to be doing the coaching. He seems like a good down to earth guy with a passion for what he does. The fact he did the 50/50 draw and was apologising to the fans for the players was a class touch.

Robertson is actually a good player to have about too. While there's a big question over his fitness, he was still a huge part of our u19s success last season and has massive experience. If we get him fit he'll be a very useful addition at league one level.

Hopefully this is just the start of the players committing who are signed up already. Fwiw, I'd hope we steer clear of Thomson, Davo and McHattie. Ideally we can plunder a few players who are up and coming at this level along with some loanee.

3 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

That's a relief Bambino, he was sorely missed by the faithful. Hope he gives us a good season. He's a quality player and will get to the top some day.

Top man.  I think the ingredient is knowing he's in the plans. 

Very pleased to see Cuthbert joining the coaching team as I was very worried he would depart the club this summer. Glad he will be staying with us. Robertson seems to be highly thought of at the club, so hopefully that will bode well for us. 

An intresting point popped up in Smith's interview in the FFP - he said we had seven or nine players signed up. We've pointed out a few times that we've thought Thomson and Davidson both had another year yet, so I wonder if that's what has factored into what Smith said. Maybe they both have an option to stay, or something similar. 

Of the out of contract players, Court may get the benefit of the doubt given he's young, but the rest I would be happy to let go. There is a case for Jason Thomson based on him being a key player previously and perhaps just not getting into the swing of things again following last season's injury. Then again, we need to remember he will probably be our highest earner if he stays. 

1 hour ago, rw89 said:

This time last year, we were pretty much in compete despair.

Strangely enough I'm sure I posted on here about this time that I was told "this is a complete disaster" it doesn't actually give me any pleasure in told you so either, you can see by the tears at the end of the Brechin match it's the same for others.  Time to draw a line though.  It's looking much better already, let's hope Barry Smith gets the rectuirement right and build his side round players he has said he will. 

Mr G Locke to stay at Cowdenbeath.

After successfully steering the club to safety at the end of last season, and following discussions with the Board, we are very pleased indeed to confirm manager Gary Locke has agreed to a contract extension to cover season 2017/18.

Strangely enough I'm sure I posted on here about this time that I was told "this is a complete disaster" it doesn't actually give me any pleasure in told you so either, you can see by the tears at the end of the Brechin match it's the same for others.  Time to draw a line though.  It's looking much better already, let's hope Barry Smith gets the rectuirement right and build his side round players he has said he will. 

I don't think you're far off from buying a half and half scarf. Go on son, come join us. [emoji106][emoji6]

Hope all three of Davo, McHattie and Thompson are nowhere to be seen next season. We've got a good spine, just need to flesh it out in the wide areas. Cuthbert in goals, Bene and C Barr at CB, Callahan and Matthews CM, Bobby Barr on the wing and Vaughn and Stewart in attack.

2 hours ago, rw89 said:

Delighted Cat is going to be doing the coaching. He seems like a good down to earth guy with a passion for what he does. The fact he did the 50/50 draw and was apologising to the fans for the players was a class touch.

Robertson is actually a good player to have about too. While there's a big question over his fitness, he was still a huge part of our u19s success last season and has massive experience. If we get him fit he'll be a very useful addition at league one level.

Hopefully this is just the start of the players committing who are signed up already. Fwiw, I'd hope we steer clear of Thomson, Davo and McHattie. Ideally we can plunder a few players who are up and coming at this level along with some loanee.

agree with what you say EXCEPT

keep Thomson and Davo and punt McHattie

17 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I don't think you're far off from buying a half and half scarf. Go on son, come join us. emoji106.pngemoji6.png

Been at a good few matches.  Just don't mention the Scottish cup match Dougie scored in and Laidlaw had a worldie :lol: