The New Raith Rovers Thread

Disappointed if Smith goes but if he wants to leave then we shouldn't stand in his way.

If we weren't decimated by injuries I'm sure we would have finished in the play offs this season. He started very brightly for us, unbeaten in 12 games or close to it. The wheels came off after injuries to key players.

If he does go then we will need to get a new manager in quite pronto.

46 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I'm hoping we're still with Puma. They're shirts have always been quality

Yep with Puma next season. Due to the company I work for sponsoring the rovers I have seen one of the mock ups and it's pretty classy. Maybe not as memorable as the Remember top, but quality all the same.

9 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Was at a party with Barry Smith in 1998, gave me a couple of cans fae his carry oot 

Had the pleasure of meeting Barry Smith at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Did he tell you Ayr would win the league 17/18?

No, he joked that the Raith board would appoint Gary Locke who would in turn loan one of their strikers out to a relegation rival who's goals would effectively relegate them. 

Craig Easton as assistant manager.... maybe by Eric saying the " new manager has to be willing to work closely with the development squad" is him suggesting Easton might be assistant manager. Don't see why he couldn't be assistant and run the development squad to be honest... would be good to have that bridge between development squad and the first team

I've not been convinced by Smith at all in honesty, his best turn as manager has been to nearly take East Fife to the playoffs, surely you'd be expecting better than that?

He was laughed at plentiful on here but Dick Campbell has ten times the C.V of him.