The New Raith Rovers Thread

Some East Fife fans and some older Rovers fans think the Rovers East Fife Derby is actually a thing these days. I see it on par with Cowdenbeath. I've been supporting the Rovers for over 20 years and can think of one season where we played each other, and those games lost the edge after the Gray thing became boring.

Never got why there is a massive hatred from East Fife to the Rovers. It's an obsession for some.

Some East Fife fans and some older Rovers fans think the Rovers East Fife Derby is actually a thing these days. I see it on par with Cowdenbeath. I've been supporting the Rovers for over 20 years and can think of one season where we played each other, and those games lost the edge after the Gray thing became boring.
Never got why there is a massive hatred from East Fife to the Rovers. It's an obsession for some.

Same reason your lot can't stand us tbf

But Rovers will be the biggest team in the league next season, ayr aren't far behind.

Being and East Fife fan must be tough though, being dwarved by raith rovers, ouch.

Obviously in recent times, well the last 29 years really, East Fife have been the worst side in Fife, so our paths haven't crossed that much.

They are still our Derby game. Back in the '80s and early '90s there was still a health rivalry. Just need to rekindle it. The Cowdenbeath games have always been a bit of a damp squib in comparison.

9 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Gies a brek. :(

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news/ rumour.Only going by what I was told by someone at a function with DC last night

56 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Obviously in recent times, well the last 29 years really, East Fife have been the worst side in Fife, so our paths haven't crossed that much.

They are still our Derby game. Back in the '80s and early '90s there was still a health rivalry. Just need to rekindle it. The Cowdenbeath games have always been a bit of a damp squib in comparison.

This,historically our derby for us auld hours.Many a good day at the old .bayview

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I'm looking forward to the real Derby, it's just that East Fife have been irrelevant for so long. I can't wait to see this rivalry come back, hopefully for just one season. We'll certainly have to up our game. If it's true that Dick Campbell is to be the new manager then so be it. Who are we to command better.

All it'll take is for us to win the first derby next season and the big-time RR fans will care about it again, not that that will happen of course. I think the reason it hasn't really mattered or been considered a rivalry in recent times is because we've well and truly been sat upon the mantle piece and playing in the leagues below every other Fife club.

I think it's a great derby, not quite up there with the Dunfermline games but matters far more than Cowdenbeath games did. 

A proper derby. Helps that they fucking hate us too. Always a good sign.