The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The way McKinnon and Steven Thomson treated the Rovers was no secret. He then followed him there, despite knowing what had just happened. In the future, I'll take him back as manager. Not right now though.

The Rovers had shafted Laurie twice as a player, now I understand the board can't control who a manager chooses to release but I would say he has shown us more than enough loyalty. He was made a good offer to leave and took it. No hard feelings towards him from me.

Fair enough, he still isn't under any obligation to take it however so why is it a debacle?

I didn't say it was a debacle, but Ellis stalled and stalled signing the development job towards the end of the season as he had obviously had the nudge from Ray

Don't blame him at all for going but found it funny McKinnon gets treated like a traitor but Ellis is lauded

1 minute ago, donny86 said:

I didn't say it was a debacle, but Ellis stalled and stalled signing the development job towards the end of the season as he had obviously had the nudge from Ray

Don't blame him at all for going but found it funny McKinnon gets treated like a traitor but Ellis is lauded

The other thing to consider is that as head of youth if there were cuts to be made, that could have seen him out of a job. Rovers have chosen to ring fence it this coming season but we were all wondering if Easton was gonna be out of his current position before the announcement was made. I guess Laurie may also have wondered about the job security if he had taken the position.

Because Ellis has considerable history with the club over several spells and in several roles. Owes the club nothing. McKinnon, on the other hand, despite the understandable stuff about boyhood club etc, shit the nest at a crucial point in the season, directly affecting the team's performance.

My sources tell me the Campbell thing is a lot of pish Ding Dang. Given its a FT role and he is PT/currently in love with the squad we have got/signing boys up for us it's hardly surprising.

Think what you think mate but he is going to give the Rovers board the courtesy of speaking to them and seeing what they have to say. I don't expect for one minute he'll leave Arbroath and be our manager next season but is 100% meeting our board today.

Think what you think mate but he is going to give the Rovers board the courtesy of speaking to them and seeing what they have to say. I don't expect for one minute he'll leave Arbroath and be our manager next season but is 100% meeting our board today.

He's at the Cowdenbeath game.

He's at the Cowdenbeath game.

You can do more than 1 thing in a day. Don't get where your aggression is coming from. All I've said is what I've been told by an extremely reliable person but that it's never going to happen. Take a chill pill.

The one considerable difference as to why Ellis is lauded and McKinnon isn't, is that McKinnon walked out while under contract. Ellis was out of contract. Pretty much the same reason why Toshney was subjected to more abuse from the fans than James Craigen last season.

5 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I can absolutely confirm that Campbell is getting interviewed but is extremely unlikely to happen due to him not going full time. Can't confirm my source but it's as good as from the horse's mouth.

who is that, Shergar ?

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Eric Drysdale breaks his silence. 

592062873b801_Screenshot2017-05-20at16_36_16.png.4abc9025f64505de30b0c5f151b2c88a.png

That's Erics way of saying 'See Gary Locke was the right appointment and you moron fans are to blame for our relegation for wanting him out'

4 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I'm surprised that you say you wouldn't take Aitken. He's done very well with us and his stock must be pretty high I'd say. No dig at all, but who do you expect to be able to attract currently that's a better option?

If it wasn't for the incompetence at ours of Locke (and Yogis great team building) Aitkens side would have been relegated this season, I think he did exceptionally well at Stranraer but narrowly avoiding relegation aside he's been no great shakes at Sons. All the best to you and him for next season but tbh I still don't fancy him as the next manager.

4 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

This is the only Campbell I hope to see at Starks Park.

Image result for campbell hope and king beer

A lamentable loss to Scottish brewing, had a pint of Double Amber from a revived recipe a few years back (Cally), it was good.