The New Raith Rovers Thread

I imagine we're about to see a lot of revisionism in relation to M'Voto, but he was one of the bright spots for vast spells of this season. When we couldn't score goals for months on end, he was the primary reason we didn't ship a thousand too. 

What we've found out, however, is that he's certainly not a big game player. Critical errors against Hibs, St Mirren and in both games against Brechin basically put us down. 

It's a shame his spell here ended this way, and in particular with his new destination, but that's the kind of embarrassing shit that happens when your entire organisation implodes and you get relegated into a part-time league. 

Both Quitongo and Nesbitt made him look like a massive fud repeatedly. His mobility was horrific. For a big guy, a total lightweight in challenges in the games against us.

He's laughed at because he's a fucking terrible football player.

He is a centre half whose whole game revolves around heading the ball and keeping it simple.

His inability to head the ball and keep it simple in a big game played a huge part in us going down.

He was decent over the piece for us. A really good spell in the middle but shaky start and terrible end.

If we're keeping Benedictus and Barr I'm glad he's gone. I'd rather have those 2 and think trying to shoehorn the 3 of them into the team made us weaker.

Talk of him going there was going on for the last month.

He proceeds to then give Hibs a goal at Easter Road. 

Gives a penalty away at Brechin, and then 2 further goals away on Saturday. 

All his fault IMO. 

Wouldnae of happened if we had got rid of Lockie.

Bring him back I'd say. 

He was a lovable player but cost us far too many goals and his last game proved that.

Sore one to lose him to the Pars but hopefully they don't get the best out of him. Just hope this isn't the start of teams snatching our players and then showing us how good they could have been under good management.

Who honestly gives a f**k? Get over it.

What you on about zen ya bam pot.... "get over it" this is the first comment I've made since we got relegated. That's the problem with our fans... too many arse holes... worst fans in Scotland man. We all support the same team ffs!

What you in about zen ya bam pot.... "get over it" this is the first comment I've made since we got relegated. That's the problem with our fans... too many arse holes... worst fans in Scotland man. We all support the same team ffs!

:lol:

To be fair the Raith BOD probably won't yet know that he has actually signed though I do know that they all thought he was going to.

Pesonally I think they'll be in the same camp as Zen though and not giving a f**k. He may have saved us a few times over the season but his mobility and use of the ball at his feet are the stuff of nightmares. Also his partnership with Barr was pretty awful too. I'd actually have dropped him after Easter Rd as from there on in he was a complete fucking bombscare. As stated if he wants to go to the Pars I'll gladly get the car out and drive him the 10 miles west along the A92 myself.

Edited by Scottydog

This is not an original observation but i agree with it: from last season we already had a back 2 that were 8/10 at heading it away and 7/10 at keeping possession. We broke that up to have MVoto head it away 9/10 but keep possession 3/10 max. It was never a good economy even if he did better than expected on the deck in some games. Him getting POTY was equivalent to the guy who scores a terrible 1-1 getting MOTM.

6 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

This is not an original observation but i agree with it: from last season we already had a back 2 that were 8/10 at heading it away and 7/10 at keeping possession. We broke that up to have MVoto head it away 9/10 but keep possession 3/10 max. It was never a good economy even if he did better than expected on the deck in some games. Him getting POTY was equivalent to the guy who scores a terrible 1-1 getting MOTM.

he only got POTY because no one else was worthy of that title, not one of them

the whole thing should have been cancelled

31 minutes ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

What you in about zen ya bam pot.... "get over it" this is the first comment I've made since we got relegated. That's the problem with our fans... too many arse holes... worst fans in Scotland man. We all support the same team ffs!

Fife's Finest member spotted.