The New Raith Rovers Thread

Vaughan owes the club IMO even considering the loan fiasco. Gave him a one year deal after a serious injury and him being poor at the start of the season. Granted it's football and that's not how it works.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't totally agree.

I appreciate that Rovers have stood by Vaughan when he was injured and that's admirable.

However, he's been shafted by the club that pays his wages and was put in a ridiculous situation by those people.

He's behaved in an excellent manner throughout his time with us and been nothing but professional. Something which I'm sure would continue should he stay at Raith.

If he does, then so be it, but I don't think he 'owes' the club. (I appreciate you've said that's not how it works, just though I'd say it the way I see it).

14 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

I don't want to sound like I'm repeating myself but a lot of guys know who I know and there's unfinished business at Raith and gratitude and loyalty to people who have stuck by LV.  I would be surprised if at this stage of his development he stays but if he's given assurances, maybe.  I know there's interest from a good few clubs so will have to wait and see, I do know he was there with his Gf D and his parents and is gutted not just for his teammates he still trains with every day, including this week but for a lot of people at the club, some them though, maybe no.  

I certainly wouldn't blame him if he left. He's young, talented and shouldn't be wasting away in League One. At any rate, cuts need to be made and if an offer comes in it may be difficult for us to refuse. Couple this with the "can't stand in his way" nonsense that saw us give David Bates to Rangers for free, it would be hard to deny a player any player under contract a move if the offer is reasonable. Basically,  offer us a year's salary and they'll go. 

I really feel for him, even though none of this is his fault. Craig Barr allegedly had a go at him about it today which, even in the heat of the moment, is out of order. 

Edited by Michael W

Craig Barr allegedly had a go at him about it today which, even in the heat of the moment, is out of order. 

Barr is blaming Vaughan? If that's true then Barr is well out of order. What was he expecting him to do? Go there and not try?

Sorry to hear about your clubs relegation not a great feeling

We were just relegated from the championship 2 years ago and now face a relegation out of the SPFL

Hope our friends from Raith help cheer us on next Saturday #Club135

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Won't feel like it now but this will probably be a blessing in disguise for you. Chance to have a proper clearout and rebuild the squad during the summer. You should walk the league. 

Walk the league? Only if they sign that French-Moroccan guy.

Would love Vaughn at Dunfermline but really can't see it if he is devoted to Raith then he wouldn't want to come here although he appears to be a model professional, the game could do with a few more like him that much is clear.

Craig Barr allegedly had a go at him about it today which, even in the heat of the moment, is out of order. 

Heard that Barr fractured his tongue shouting at Vaughan and will be out for 8 months.

I certainly wouldn't blame him if he left. He's young, talented and shouldn't be wasting away in League One. At any rate, cuts need to be made and if an offer comes in it may be difficult for us to refuse. Couple this with the "can't stand in his way" nonsense that saw us give David Bates to Rangers for free, it would be hard to deny a player any player under contract a move if the offer is reasonable. Basically,  offer us a year's salary and they'll go. 
I really feel for him, even though none of this is his fault. Craig Barr allegedly had a go at him about it today which, even in the heat of the moment, is out of order. 

On the other side of the coin though, a good season in League One, banging in a barrel load of goals for an upwardly mobile Raith side could really aid his development and confidence.

If that's true about Barr, then as you say, that's out of order. In the heat of the moment things get said, but really, what could Vaughan have plausibly done, other than what he has?

Won't feel like it now but this will probably be a blessing in disguise for you. Chance to have a proper clearout and rebuild the squad during the summer. You should walk the league. 

Good that we're all confident ahead of next season

I think Raith need to bring in someone who cares about the club, who has a good record in management and won't be too expensive.............step forward Danny Lennon.

Good shout

Really pissed me off that the loan players took the responsibility of the penalties.
club captain surely has to lead from the front in that situation.

But you're only allowed one touch when taking penalties aren't you??

I wonder if Gary F Locke has been man enough and decent enough to speak to LV

and apologise for the horrible situation he (and others I presume) put him in 

no way to treat a young man trying to make a career

and if want they are saying about Mango is true then that is totally out of order, he should be ashamed of himself - heat of the moment or not