The New Raith Rovers Thread

The only thing cheering me up at the moment is the prospect of that squad being emptied. Hopefully a few of those under contract are invited to find other clubs as well. 

And if we're lucky, maybe the emptying won't end there. 

League 1 is a great laugh for a year as long as you come straight back up. We had a ridiculous amount of scenes on our journey. We even took maximum points off your rivals :lol: Can't quite believe the number of f**k ups your board has made though. Surely Drysdale's position is untenable? 

Well I'm a huge huge Pars fan. They're the huge team in Fife for all you lot who doubted that very fact.

Early season the Rovers fans on here had far too much to say. There is an ancient Dunfermline proverb that goes like this 'I was talking when I should have been listening'

See yeez some other time ladz HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Appointed Locke.

Let Vaughan go on loan to a team 4 points behind us. 

Doesn't know the League's rules despite being on the board. 

Let Bates to to Rangers for nothing and blamed it on the fans not backing the development side. 

Not a great year for him, was it? But, no, it'll be the fans' fault. And Gary Locke talked a good game. And Gary Locke didn't like Vaughan. And couldn't stand in his way, eh?

The way we lost today was our season in microcosm.

Far less angry than I thought I would be, mostly cos this has looked like coming for months.

Fuckit. Board have to carry the can on this one. Every decision, major and minor this season, has been utterly fucked.

2 minutes ago, Here Come The Sons said:

Can we have Vaughan back please? Major difference between the outcome for both sides in my opinion. Surely you can't stand in his way of playing at a higher level?

Send an email to Eric Drysdale and tell him he can't stand in his way. 

12 minutes ago, Martin said:

It'll be the fans fault though.

you should listen to Yogi this whole sorry mess is societies fault. Disappointed  raith have dropped as our games are usually competitive. Enjoy league one good chance to rebuild we turned a profit down there so hopefully you can sort that side of the club out and come back to full strength and fifes second team  :P

TBH I'm not that fussed. Still get Derby games with East Fife and we must have a reasonable chance of winning the league.

Bonus for me is I didn't have to suffer that shower of shite today and most of those players won't be here next season.

Vaughn distraught after the game outside the stadium blaming himself for what's happened.
Feel utter sick after that but time to rebuild and not feel sorry for ourselves, get rid of the deadwood and ready for league 1.

7 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:

Vaughn distraught after the game outside the stadium blaming himself for what's happened.
Feel utter sick after that but time to rebuild and not feel sorry for ourselves, get rid of the deadwood and ready for league 1.

Its real shame for Vaughan that hes been put in this position but says a lot about him that hes taken it so badly.

I hope he has a relegation clause in his contract. There wont be a shortage of clubs interested in him and maybe a move away from Raith would be best for him too.

At the risk of sounding patronising I feel sorry for the Raith fans. Its been an utterly mental season and I wouldnt wish Locke or Hughes on my worst enemy, never mind both in one season.

Hopefully this will kick start some change at the club and you'll bounce back :)

14 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Drinking on an empty stomach, this will not end well, oh wait..............................

You'll end up as either chairman or manager

Drysdale will come out with a statement that would make Sean Spicer blush, basically saying, "it wisnae me". 

He'll then appoint Herve Ebanda as player/manager citing, "Boy talks a good game, eh" and we'll end up in League Two.