The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

have to give my congratulations to Gary F Locke

I believe he is the first to manage/coach two teams into the relegation playoffs in different divisions in the same season

will we ever see his likes again ? hope not  :thumbsdown :shutup

3 teams across 3 divisions to 3 relegation playoffs in 2 years and one outright relegation to add to that if you take it back another year. 
That takes a special level of talent and makes a unique linked in page :)

M'voto seems to have won every poty award going. Well deserved. One of the few players who haven't done too much wrong this season.

A bit disappointed that the Osei protest vote didn't win through. Although I now wish I had voted for Johnny Court.

On one hand I genuinely feel sorry for you lads. As the song (should) go, "We don't even hate you". I've seen us relegated 4 times and it's not the best.

On the other hand, GET IT RIGHT ROON YE YA WEE TEAM c***s!!!!

Anyway, is Hughes signed on for the playoffs? Also we'll take Vaughan. His professionalism seems exemplary and he looks like a genuine talent. We'll have M'Voto as well please.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

On one hand I genuinely feel sorry for you lads. As the song (should) go, "We don't even hate you". I've seen us relegated 4 times and it's not the best.

On the other hand, GET IT RIGHT ROON YE YA WEE TEAM c***s!!!!

Anyway, is Hughes signed on for the playoffs? Also we'll take Vaughan. His professionalism seems exemplary and he looks like a genuine talent. We'll have M'Voto as well please.

One thing is for sure potentially your losing away supports of roughly 2000 hibs and 1000-1500 rovers fans if we go down so its not all great regarding revenue, even worse if Falkirk went up

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Bobby Barr gets the Players' award. Does that feel like a message?

That appeared to be the message that Jason Thomson delivered.

Just for clarity, there were no managers past or present in attendance.

Also, it was a good night.

One thing is for sure potentially your losing away supports of roughly 2000 hibs and 1000-1500 rovers fans if we go down so its not all great regarding revenue, even worse if Falkirk went up

We posted a profit in league one and the biggest support we got was a couple of hundred from Ayr, we'll manage.

If your posting losses at this level, with these supports and the beneficial cup runs I wonder how you'll do?

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We posted a profit in league one and the biggest support we got was a couple of hundred from Ayr, we'll manage.

If your posting losses at this level, with these supports and the beneficial cup runs I wonder how you'll do?

You're.

Drops mic.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

What's the story behind Yogi's lack of an appearance at the awards night? Unless he spent the night binge watching tapes of Brechin then it's a really poor show (or non-show)

Cuthbert did the presentation for player's player of the year and in his announcement said something along the lines of, "Maybe just as well the gaffer isn't here because he wouldn't like this... Bobby Barr!"

I can't help but get the impression that Hughes has kept players out who he perceives to have a bad attitude even though it may be to the detriment of putting out our strongest side.

I don't think the players will be too sad to see him gone.

My own take, which might well be miles from the truth of course.

Hughes seems to be playing "his type" of players.  Probably guys who dont question him.

Having said that, I dont think we should stray too far from yesterdays line up.  Worked well and Court especially was a very pleasant surprise.