The New Raith Rovers Thread

You're not really buying the season ticket to get the value out of it, are you? You're surely buying the season ticket as a donation to the club, who you want to do well, so we can sign the players we need to perform in the league? This "my season ticket is now worth less" patter is tragic. It's probably been devalued by almost f**k all over the season.

Utter garbage. I would say the majority of fans buy a season ticket to save money. If they were advertised at only full price do you think we would have so many season books sold ????

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Things seemed so much better in August, didn't they?

Quite touching to know that DAFC,(The FUDDs, )Fife's Undisputed Debt Dodgers, are so concerned about Raith.........:whistle

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Apparently Hughes isn't taking the team talk on Saturday, the kitman will. :blink:

Might be a good idea. It will maybe help motivate the players having someone who cares about the future of the club giving the team talk for a change.

Poor Perth! https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/406296/council-election-2017-perth-city-centre-ward-12/
"If elected, I would use my problem solving skills and many years of negotiating experience to support and assist constituents and community groups."

Don't mention the Rovers. Probably a good strategy in Perth.

Might be a good idea. It will maybe help motivate the players having someone who cares about the future of the club giving the team talk for a change.

Or a case of, he'll probably be one of the job losses if we were to go down, see if that can spur them on knowing that..

1 hour ago, foreverarover said:

Utter garbage. I would say the majority of fans buy a season ticket to save money. If they were advertised at only full price do you think we would have so many season books sold ????

Really? You need to pretty much go to every home game to make it worth while. Most of the folk I know who have season tickets miss 4-5 games a season minimum but do it to support the club during the months of low/zero income. 

10 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Or a case of, he'll probably be one of the job losses if we were to go down, see if that can spur them on knowing that..

Are the players going to wash their own strips if we get relegated? Surely his job doesn't depend on him giving a winning team talk anyway. That would be a truly abhorrent way to treat a lifelong fan who is proudly serving the club. 

That would be a truly abhorrent way to treat a lifelong fan who is proudly serving the club. 

Which is exactly the sort of thing, that you would expect from the club this season.

Edit to add.. just seen Yogi telling STV news there about the Kitman doing the team talk and that's exactly the reason.

Yogi mentioned that he could well be one of the job cuts if we go down therefore if the players don't want to perform for this lifelong supporter then don't put the strip on.

3 hours ago, invocr said:

Poor Perth! https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/406296/council-election-2017-perth-city-centre-ward-12/

"If elected, I would use my problem solving skills and many years of negotiating experience to support and assist constituents and community groups."

Until the community group finds that one of their influential members is now part of a rival community group in Kinross, and his place has been taken by a pensioner who's about to move to Troon. 

That back page is fucking brilliant in a so bad its brilliant way.

That's nowt compared to the back page of the FFP in the early- mid 70's after a failed relegation battle. Each players head placed inside a large coffin anyone? [emoji23]

That's nowt compared to the back page of the FFP in the early- mid 70's after a failed relegation battle. Each players head placed inside a large coffin anyone? [emoji23]

Time yet for that to be revived this season.

45 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

I think the rovers will win on sat , is it £5.00 entry for away fans ? 

Normal turnstile admission prices are already the cheapest in the Championship at £15 / £8 / £5 but this Saturday everyone can get in for JUST £5

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Just been elected in as well.

The first result that has gone his way all season.

Excellent news - he now has the Perth electorate to have a dig at rather than just Raith Rovers fans.