The New Raith Rovers Thread

Seriously can't believe we as supporters have to endure one more game this season, one in which we still have the chance to save ourselves. We are hilariously bad. I'm not even going to watch Hughes's interview, or the highlights. 

I walked out after their disallowed goal went in. Such a disconnect between the club and supporters this season, typical after such a brilliant season last term, where the bond between fans and the club had strengthened ten fold. 

This is mainly down to the board. Every decision they have made this season has been the wrong one. The Hughes appointment has clearly backfired. The players clearly aren't playing for him. If we do Go into the playoffs,  I hope Hughes just leaves and let's Easton take the team for them. 

How do you work that out?

Because simply put your youngsters aren't good enough, if you made up the majority of the team with your youngsters you'd maybe hold your own in the lowland league, chances are you'd be relegated from that as well though.

I have no idea on the Craig Easton aspect of it, I don't think you can put much, if any credence in the youth level triumphs, it's a completely different ball game when you go and try and deal with seniors. If I were Raith I'd be dragging the directors to the house of Darren Young to beg him to manage you next season.

Because simply put your youngsters aren't good enough, if you made up the majority of the team with your youngsters you'd maybe hold your own in the lowland league, chances are you'd be relegated from that as well though.

I have no idea on the Craig Easton aspect of it, I don't think you can put much, if any credence in the youth level triumphs, it's a completely different ball game when you go and try and deal with seniors. If I were Raith I'd be dragging the directors to the house of Darren Young to beg him to manage you next season.

I meant the youngsters constantly performing at a high level for the development team. Unfortunately we don't have the money to splash on luxury players. Falkirk did it when they hit financial trouble and sold all their top earners. Their kids took time to bed in and look at them now.
If it's the physicality of League 1 then I'd agree, but they'd have the older heads in the team to carry them through

Just watched Hughes interview there. Jeezo he was seething eh!! But he's right though. If you don't care about the club don't put the strip on simple as that.

Hughes may be right in what he's saying but it's absolutely not the way to motivate your players.

I'm still astounded at him claiming he'd take the playoffs after the Hibs defeat midweek. At that point you had it in your own hands. Madness.

24 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

There's no way of knowing how good these youngsters are. I'd suspect not as good as some think but it's really hard to tell.

We may well have seen a couple against Ayr if we managed an unlikely win yesterday.

No chance of that now after the senior players were unceremoniously pumped.

There's no way of knowing how good these youngsters are. I'd suspect not as good as some think but it's really hard to tell.

Not massively relevant but George Hunter for us averages just under a goal every three games in the U20 Premiership, yet couldn't get off Airdries bench when on loan there.

The gulf between youth and senior in this country is massive.

The difference between Jason Thomson being labelled a 'keep' instead of a 'let go' was his driving runs from his RB position.

Opposition on the back foot and pressure taken off the team.

If he has been told to hold back and is simply following instructions then fair enough, hold on to him. If his ability to make these runs has dissipated then I'm afraid I'd be hoping for another first choice RB to start the new season.

Just watched the Hughes interview. While I think he's a great guy and I have always admired him I don't see what benefit that brings saying that in public. He's effectively saying some careers are over and he won't recommend them to another club.

Rovers have been a limited side for years now relying on basic football and set pieces backed up with incredible effort and fight. Hughes is the wrong manager for a short term fix, he could turn them around completely in league one given time however.

Fully expect Ayr to win comfortably next week.

Just watched the Hughes interview. While I think he's a great guy and I have always admired him I don't see what benefit that brings saying that in public. He's effectively saying some careers are over and he won't recommend them to another club.
Rovers have been a limited side for years now relying on basic football and set pieces backed up with incredible effort and fight. Hughes is the wrong manager for a short term fix, he could turn them around completely in league one given time however.
Fully expect Ayr to win comfortably next week.

Sit doon.