The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can anyone remember the story around David Sinton leaving his role as chairman?

I seem to remember it being in some way acrimonious, but he's just been added as a Director of Starks Park Properties Ltd. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/raith_rovers/6159390.stm

He left to pursue other interests according to this article.

I know that hiring Locke will be at the top of most folk's shitlist this season but what annoys me more was the loaning of Vaughan to Dumbarton to acquire a past it Stevenson and giving Bates to Rangers to ease the way for Hardie's return.

Much as I like Hardie, I'd much rather we kept a hold of our own young, promising player. Easier said than done but you'd like to see a bit of a fight from the club.

The Vaughan situation is an utter farce. Loaning yet another promising young player, arguably the best striker we have at the club to one of our direct rivals and seeing him score goals for them to put/keep them above us really fucking pisses me off. His uber-tattooed replacement bumping us shortly after his neebur got punted was the razor blade ridden water chute.

I appreciate that none of this would probably have happened if Locke wasn't appointed but these are the things I think about when considering what a joke of a season this has been.

Utter shambles.

All of which comes back on Gary fucking locke. That comes back on our amazing board who manage to run at a loss when the team is gaining more prize money than normal. Shambles from top to bottom at the moment. I won't be getting a season ticket again next season regardless of the league we are in. They made a mockery of season tickets by lowering the prices a month into the season aswell!

It's quite telling that Eric Drysdale has been near silent this entire season. Last season he was on here and releasing statements moaning at the fans yet the second the tables are turned and the fans are moaning at him he's not put a single word in despite saying he does read out forums. For whatever reason that came to mind today and has me seething more than it probably should.

14 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

It's quite telling that Eric Drysdale has been near silent this entire season. Last season he was on here and releasing statements moaning at the fans yet the second the tables are turned and the fans are moaning at him he's not put a single word in despite saying he does read out forums. For whatever reason that came to mind today and has me seething more than it probably should.

By and large, the statements which have came out from the Eric have been utterly disastrous. If he's not already under pressure from the fans, he must need to recognize that the fans are on a completely different wavelengths. 

At the start of the season, they came out and said we had a "quality list of candidates" but that Locke was "head and shoulders above the rest". Not one single person bought into it. People went tits mental at Locke's appointment. The more measured reactions were "Not happy but I'll give him a chance". We then had a complete and utter meltdown in January. First there was the statement pre-Hearts game asking why they're packing the away end and we aren't selling tickets, at the same time as telling us that we'd signed Scott Roberts on a permanent deal for the rest of the season, as well as selling David Bates. The statement read: 

"“I am aware that there has been some negative initial reaction to what was a premature leak of comment on the Bates deal yesterday by a person close to the transaction, and there has been a false perception that the deal was a poor one from this club’s perspective (without any details having been made public). It is not. With home crowds not having responded so far to our introduction of the cheapest admission prices in the Championship for the majority of our home games, and with a so far somewhat disappointing level of backing for Craig Easton’s Player Development Fund, we have needed to find alternative ways to balance the books on all these deals. "

In one sweeping statement, we have a statement which contradicted what our manager said in the national press, slagging off the fans for not backing the team or the youth development fund and saying it's our fault. Utter seppuku from a statement standpoint. Facebook was an utter riot when that statement came out. Even after then, we had Drysdale come out and try to pin the blame for keepergate onto the SPFL who then turned round and, as expected, fired it right back at us. 

In all honesty, I think we need to get shot of our marketing team too. If my understanding is correct, we've had the same group of people in since 2011 and they've had little, if any, notable impact. Compared to other clubs like Falkirk and Dunfermline, there seems to be far less done. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned earlier in the season that you'd get looks of bewilderment if you asked them about Snapchat. 

With that said, I'd want to point out a couple of strong areas. Raith TV is possibly the best free service available for highlights and interviews in the country. It was an excellent tool earlier in the season when we had the videos like the street fighter one prior to the United game. Also, there's lots done for things like the Roary Club and the development fund to try to promote it. 

38 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

He is on here, and has posted recently, just not under his real name

To sum up so far this season Drysdale has:

Appointed Locke from a pool of great candidates

Allowed us to swap Vaughan for Stevenson

Didn't know the rules of his own committee so we had to play a striker in goals against relegation rivals

Dropped gate prices after getting fans to commit to season tickets

If anyone else makes decisions like this at work they would be sacked. He should do the right thing and walk

5 minutes ago, donny86 said:

To sum up so far this season Drysdale has:

Appointed Locke from a pool of great candidates

Allowed us to swap Vaughan for Stevenson

Didn't know the rules of his own committee so we had to play a striker in goals against relegation rivals

Dropped gate prices after getting fans to commit to season tickets

If anyone else makes decisions like this at work they would be sacked. He should do the right thing and walk

Pretty fucking much.

Nightmare Scenario :thumbsdown :huh:

Vaughan scores the goal that puts his team down

Crap for all concerned with RRFC but real crap for him, he should never have been put in this position he's only a young man

Why did the board allow Locke to do this, have to feel for Lewis

2 minutes ago, Ancient Mariner said:

Nightmare Scenario :thumbsdown :huh:

Vaughan scores the goal that puts his team down

Crap for all concerned with RRFC but real crap for him, he should never have been put in this position he's only a young man

Why did the board allow Locke to do this, have to feel for Lewis

You do have to feel for Lewis it can't be great coming in to training on a Monday knowing you've just fired your parent team closer to relegation. I spoke to the lad leaving Tynecastle after the cup replay and he genuinely seemed gutted to have been put out on loan. I hope he is willing to take a step down and help our title challenge next season in league one.