The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Wasn't that Paul tosh who scored in that game against Alloa? 

Just checked, you're right Tosh did score in that game but so did Smith. We won 2-1. Guido was in goals for Alloa in that game. 

23 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Just checked, you're right Tosh did score in that game but so did Smith. We won 2-1. Guido was in goals for Alloa in that game. 

So we still went on to be relegated after that Alloa game? Where on the Internet do you find out about old games like these. I can remember Guido being in goals but I thought it had been 2-0! The Rovers took a huge support through I remember so it must have been one of thee last games that season? 

10 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

So we still went on to be relegated after that Alloa game? Where on the Internet do you find out about old games like these. I can remember Guido being in goals but I thought it had been 2-0! The Rovers took a huge support through I remember so it must have been one of thee last games that season? 

I just punched in Alloa vs Raith Rovers Andy Smith into Google then found this link http://www.11v11.com/matches/alloa-athletic-v-raith-rovers-21-april-2001-6625/. Pretty sure we stayed up that season and Alloa went down. That was a game we needed to win and I remember us taking a pretty big away crowd with us that day.

Ryan Stevenson has retired. 

So let me get this straight. We swapped Raith Rovers Lewis Vaughan for Ryan Stevenson, whose only 90 minutes came in goals, before he retired just over 2 months after the deal was agreed.

Gary Locke is sum boi

In all seriousness I hope everything's alright with Stevo. Seems a weird time to retire.

Just now, grumswall said:

Any link to this? Seems like a lot of nonsense. He seemed fine last night

Matt Elder has tweeted it. So unless he's been hacked, I'd say it's true. 

Absolutely bizarre, to say the least. 

What the f**k is going on :lol:

• May 2016. Manager gives interview before play-off match refusing to rule himself out of Dundee United job. Has discussions between matches. Club contacted an hour after going out the play-offs to take him, while the board were still at Easter Road.
  • June 2016. Gary Locke, GARY LOCKE, is given the manager's job, to widespread ridicule.
  • August 2016. The squad is full of Locke's old pals and players, the highlight being a 37 year old Rudi Skacel. Locke has run with just two goalies in the squad, and no u20's 'keeper. Club narrowly avoids going into an away match with Dundee United with no goalkeeper, signing Connor Brennan on the morning of the match.
  • September 2016. Rovers go into several matches with two goalkeepers on the bench, while first-team players sit in the stands.
  • October 2016. Club wins last match under Locke, but he's here for a while yet. Robbie Crawford signs a permanent deal while we have no fit right-back, with Jason Thomson out for a couple of months. 
  • December 2016. Robbie Crawford leaves without making a single appearance. We still don't have a fit right-back.
  • January 2017. Locke signs another old friend, 33 year old Ryan Stevenson, in a bizarre swap deal for our best attacking young talent in decades. Club gives David Bates to Rangers for nothing, with Locke and Drysdale offering contradictory statements. Locke gives a permanent deal to Scott Roberts, who hasn't appeared for months. Club is "over budget". Drysdale has a pop at fans. Club still yet to win since October. 
  • February 2017. Despite being over budget David Syme, another Locke prodigy, signs until the end of the season. Two weeks later, Locke is sacked after failing to win in 14 matches. John Hughes appointed. Club loses all three goalkeepers to injury and due to internal cock-ups face a crucial away match with Ayr playing the aforementioned Ryan Stevenson in goal. We lose 1-0.
  • March 2017. Chief Executive and SPFL get in a public mud slinging match, an organisation of which the Chief Exec sits on the board. John Hughes' famous agent Raymond Sparkes is on the case, and sources a Slovakian goalkeeper, who is robbed of his suitcase at Bratislava Airport. Somehow, he makes it to Scotland in time to sign just hours before another crucial match with St Mirren. Rovers win their first match in SEVENTEEN, one of the worst in the club's history. All is rosy. Fifteen hours later, Ryan Stevenson retires out of the blue, leaving us (bizarrely) without a back-up goalkeeper.

Never change, Raith Rovers.