The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Will you lot stop supporting the club when you lose the play-off final to East Fife?

Nah.

The only thing that'd make me consider stopping my support for the club is if they willingly fucked over local creditors and small businesses.

Nah.
The only thing that'd make me consider stopping my support for the club is if they willingly fucked over local creditors and small businesses.

I did indeed stop supporting Gavin Masterton after this.

After all that pre season optimism and the big licks you all gave after the first game here you are, delicious. [emoji39]

John Hughes is at the exact point Jack Ross was in October, trying to fight the flames of the previous managers doing.

Luckily we had a January transfer window where it looks like Jack Ross has done incredible, Hughes has to deal with the cards he has.

I bet he wishes he waited another couple of weeks instead of taking the Raith job.

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Nah.

You really are a clue free zone aren't you?  

Allow me to explain. Our creditors could have asked for their money back and have the club they support go into liquidation in order they get their money. Like true fans, they chose to have their club survive instead. 

Only someone with the smallest of minds, and indeed, teams, would abandon their club in it's hour of need over some money. Even sevco fans wouldn't do that, and they are mostly low life in my opinion. 

Interesting that you'd stop supporting your team over a few quid, that says a whole lot about you min. 

Allow me to explain. Our creditors could have asked for their money back and have the club they support go into liquidation in order they get their money. Like true fans, they chose to have their club survive instead. 
Only someone with the smallest of minds, and indeed, teams, would abandon their club in it's hour of need over some money. Even sevco fans wouldn't do that, and they are mostly low life in my opinion. 
Interesting that you'd stop supporting your team over a few quid, that says a whole lot about you min. 

Thought there was some fudge about somebody increasing the debt they owed to the club deliberately so they were the majority creditor and could f**k all the others over?

After all that pre season optimism and the big licks you all gave after the first game here you are, delicious. [emoji39]

Aye, here we are. On our knees. Worst situation since the Anelka season...currently 1 point behind the mighty Pars.

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

After all that pre season optimism and the big licks you all gave after the first game here you are, delicious. emoji39.png

Fair play.

Nobody will argue that we're pretty shocking just now. Still well within touching distance of the mighty Pars though.

4 hours ago, P475 said:

Stopped reading at 'You'.

It's not all doom and gloom. Today's Courier.

A game-changing indoor sports academy could open in Glenrothes within six months, The Courier can reveal.

Construction of the £2.3 million facility is to begin at the Michael Woods Centre on Monday, a move that is hoped could revolutionise training for football and rugby players throughout the town and beyond.

Focusing on the grassroots of the game, the complex will play home to the Fife Football Performance Academy and the Fife Elite Football Academy.

Glenrothes-football-768x512.jpg

Obviously the Vaughan thing has been done to death. I think he's exactly what we're missing just now as the link between midfield and attack and would really suit Hughes style of play.

But I started to think we all (myself included) are maybe in danger of overhyping him just a tad. After all most of us agree he wasn't at his best earlier in the season...

However, looking back at the start of the season, as far as I can see he only started 5 league games. We won 3, drew 1 and lost 1. So yeah Locke is fud and Vaughan should still be here.

Not really sure what that adds we already knew that, I'm just surprised how few league starts he actually had.