The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Entirely possible with Hughes connection with Hibs.

Edit to add - His contract runs out next summer, so a bit unlikely unless Yogi is trying to use his connections to get him for nothing in the summer.

Stanton will be allowed to leave for free if a full time club comes in for him.  Like I said earlier in this thread he would be a good match for you boys.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

What was he banned for? Hopefully there just trying to do Scottish football a service by making it harder for him to get a management job

He was punted in the Hearts replay because the officials didn't like what he had to say.

10 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

Cuthbert out for 4-6 weeks after coming through an operation according to Hughes.

Need to wrap Brennan in cotton wool (never thought I'd say that).

Edited by renton

We all as supporters have to do the lottery, just watched the John Hughes interview for the upcoming Queens v Rovers game. And the guy is amazing in his delivery and passion, crikey I feel inspired listening to him. I'm afraid if we don't pump some kind of money to keep him at RRFC next season we'll struggle. Jeezo the guy can charm the birds from the trees. I truly feel inspired listening to him. Hope the players feel that same commitment.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

I'm afraid if we don't pump some kind of money to keep him at RRFC next season we'll struggle.

Listening to his pre-match radio interview on Saturday, the impression I got was that he won't be with you next season, wherever you end up finishing.

Listening to his pre-match radio interview on Saturday, the impression I got was that he won't be with you next season, wherever you end up finishing.

That's my feeling too, too good for us. His ethos on the game is refreshing. But highly unlikely he'll stay with us. I'd love that stability. But if I'm honest his ambitions don't match ours.

We're getting ahead of ourselves. He's not long in the door and whilst there were periods of the game against Hibs that showed some slight improvements I'd hang off questioning whether he's the real deal/will stay until such time as we start getting some wins under our belt with him in charge. He's openly said it took him months and months to get ICT to the standard he wanted and we're sadly not blessed with much of the season left for him to maybe get us to where he expects. However if he keeps us up after the calamity Locke has left us in he'll have done a good job. If we somehow do manage to start going on a mazy run of wins that shoots us up the table and we finish strongly with him at the helm I'd say he'd be another McKinnon and off to a bigger club. 

Great wee snippet from the Rovers digest today...

"1897 (19th February): Rovers take on Kirkcaldy Union in the semi-final of the Kirkcaldy Junior Cup. Union were the lessees of Stark's Park at that time. The emotion of the fixture spilled over into the crowd and a pitched battle between rival fans ensued. Officials failed to clear the pitch of battling fans and so Councillor Stark took matters into his own hands and released a young bull from the byre at the North End of the ground and order was restored."

I say we save money on police/stewards and just have a bull at the ready.

Great wee snippet from the Rovers digest today...
"1897 (19th February): Rovers take on Kirkcaldy Union in the semi-final of the Kirkcaldy Junior Cup. Union were the lessees of Stark's Park at that time. The emotion of the fixture spilled over into the crowd and a pitched battle between rival fans ensued. Officials failed to clear the pitch of battling fans and so Councillor Stark took matters into his own hands and released a young bull from the byre at the North End of the ground and order was restored."
I say we save money on police/stewards and just have a bull at the ready.

Will the bull get a high-viz jacket?

48 minutes ago, Raithie said:

We're getting ahead of ourselves. He's not long in the door and whilst there were periods of the game against Hibs that showed some slight improvements I'd hang off questioning whether he's the real deal/will stay until such time as we start getting some wins under our belt with him in charge. He's openly said it took him months and months to get ICT to the standard he wanted and we're sadly not blessed with much of the season left for him to maybe get us to where he expects. However if he keeps us up after the calamity Locke has left us in he'll have done a good job. If we somehow do manage to start going on a mazy run of wins that shoots us up the table and we finish strongly with him at the helm I'd say he'd be another McKinnon and off to a bigger club. 

Agreed. Absolute worst case scenario we could be three points above St Mirren in 10th by a week on Wednesday. Or we could be two points behind Ayr by Tuesday. The only time we've had runs like Locke gave us in the last 30 years, we've been relegated (Hetherston/Anelka seasons). 

Let's all calm down and see how we get on. Staying up is imperative and all we can ask for. Let's review things if/when we manage that.