The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think their is a definate hint that maybe, just maybe some of the younger guys will be seen playing sooner than later.

I said i wasnt going to watch until a replacement was found for the old pair. This guys got me interested again. cmon rovers.

His first words on RaithTV...

"First and Foremost" [emoji38]

Hopefully that's where the similarities with Murray end....

Good positive interview. Hopefully we see that attitude on the pitch in the coming weeks. At least him and Bobby Barr have kissed and made up. Hopefully he hands Craig Barr a regular starting role as well.

Great interview and wouldn't be surprised to see a youngster or 2 in the squad this weekend. They can't be any worse that Skacel or Stevenson!

Also wonder who the assistant will be. Definitely not Rice or Latapy. Has he worked with any other coaches before?

We've already been told that Kevin McBride was to be lined up as his assistant..

Have I been saying 'Latapy' wrong all these years, or is it just John Hughes who can't say it?

Good interview. Bobby Barr probably isn't over the moon though! Hopefully doesn't affect his performances, Probably our player of the season.

Getting the feeling he's not here for the long haul going by him saying he's here to help us out, will need to watch it again to get his words right but that's the general feeling I got. Can't knock the guys enthusiasm and willingness to have the club do well and hopefully that rubs off on the players. Excited to see if he can get us performing better and hopefully seeing more positive results. 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Also seen this: http://www.raithrovers.net/28637/win-the-chance-to-be-our-next-away-strip-sponsor.htm

Looks like that's our new away top for next season. Kinda reminds me of the white home top we had recently minus the twa blue hoops.

That's probably not the top. It's literally the original template for that home top minus the bespoke parts we'd have requested - the two blue "hoops" at the time. They probably had it lying about and stamped "your name here" on the front.

38 minutes ago, renton said:

That's probably not the top. It's literally the original template for that home top minus the bespoke parts we'd have requested - the two blue "hoops" at the time. They probably had it lying about and stamped "your name here" on the front.

Hmm I'm not sure. The collar in the top from the link I posted is different to the older home top. 

Was talking to the big man yesterday while working in glenrothes and he said he would happily sign a longer term deal if everything went well from now till the end of the season

To be fair, he's got to say that. I'd be surprised if he came out and said "Nah mate, I'm off at the end of the season regardless of what happens. It's just not the team for me."

I can't see him being here next season at all although I'd love it if he was.