The New Raith Rovers Thread

No chance Hughes would take the job given his interviews after he left Inverness.

Anyway, prepare for the media clowns to defend Locke and criticise you for firing their pal.

Guys to take the job;

Jamie Fullerton

Jackie McNamara

Jimmy Calderwood

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Exactly. I'd have thought you'd have had your fill of Edinburgh club supporting mumbleclowns who cant build a squad and blame everyone else for it.

Always had John Hughes down as a Celtic fan.

Anyway, this has to be the most predictable story in Scottish football this season. Everyone, who knows Scottish football, knew exactly how this was going to transpire - you only need to look at the comments on here when he was appointed. This all reflects extremely badly on the Raith board.

P.S we would let you speak to Fox if you were interested. PM me for further details.

No chance Hughes would take the job given his interviews after he left Inverness.
Anyway, prepare for the media clowns to defend Locke and criticise you for firing their pal.
Guys to take the job;
Jamie Fullerton
Jackie McNamara
Jimmy Calderwood

Barry Ferguson?

Disappointed Gary Naysmith isn't available, to be honest. I know we had a bit of a reaction when there was talk of him joining when McKinnon came, but that was when he was barely into his managerial career. And given the success of McKinnon, we can probably count that as Fans 2-0 Drysdale now. 

No idea who I'd like, but I do know I'd like to see us avoid the usual merry go round. Young at Albion is about the only one that I like the look of that's in a lower league job. Maybe Gary Bollan. 

The likes of Lennon, Cameron, Smith? Nah. They've all interviewed before and been turned down for a reason. Usual donkeys like Calderwood, McNamara, etc. No thank you.

Maybe it's time to go completely left-field and find a random foreigner. Ideally one who doesn't speak English. 

Jimmy Calderwood has at least successfully done the 'manager until the end of the season' before. He sort of looks Spanish.

What's John McVeigh up to? Billy Reid?

I want a b*****d. An auld b*****d.

Can we get McGlynn back? He's auld but possibly too nice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38902005

"It totally takes over you and consumes you. Gary is a terrific boy and I absolutely feel for him. It is very difficult if it is ultimately your team [Morton] that tips the balance against him. For any manager time is the key element, and if you get a bit of time, there is a chance you can turn things around. But patience is generally not a virtue in football. Normally if it is not going your way, the inevitability is you are going to lose your job"

Jim Duffy already in the "poor Garry Locke" camp. Is there actually a more inept manager who gets more media sympathy than Locke?

9 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38902005

Jim Duffy already in the "poor Garry Locke" camp. Is there actually a more inept manager who gets more media sympathy than Locke?

Hes not actually going to come out and say " Gary Locke is a hopeless manager, I'm glad we put the final nail in his coffin tonight" is he. Managers always do this, don't really have a problem with it.

Darren Young has to be in with a shout here for me.

Exactly. I'd have thought you'd have had your fill of Edinburgh club supporting mumbleclowns who cant build a squad and blame everyone else for it.

I think he'd be a decent appointment until the end of the season, has the advantage of not being a hoofball merchant and seems to do well initially at clubs, so we should get the new manager bounce that we desperately need. When he starts to assemble his own squad the problems seem to start...

Interested on your thoughts as to who you think we should be appointing? You're only seem to pop up on our thread to criticise.