The New Raith Rovers Thread

By all accounts GL is a broken man and will know he is facing the bullet, I feel sorry for him in the same way I would for anyone about to possibly (eventually) lose their job.

That said this is a business and there can be no room for sentiment and in this business as in any other an incompetent has to be removed and replaced.

Next!

I think we'd be seeing the likes of Yogi, Latapy, Mixu, Barry Smith, Lennon and Lee McCulloch on the McBookie list for our next manager.

Drysdale is probably on the phone to John Robertson to see if he wants another crack at management.

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

By all accounts GL is a broken man and will know he is facing the bullet, I feel sorry for him in the same way I would for anyone about to possibly (eventually) lose their job.

That said this is a business and there can be no room for sentiment and in this business as in any other an incompetent has to be removed and replaced.

Next!

I feel pretty goulish about wanting him gone, but at the end of the day, this emphatically hasn't worked - and the future sustainability of the club is worth more than one guy's job.

There aren't players at the club any more senior than Skacel. :unsure:
Scott Robertson would be a shout, as his injuries sound like they've really taken their toll and this could be a move he wants to make. 

Robertson would be an uninspiring appointment. That's not what we need right now. We need somebody who can reignite the fans enthusiasm and organise and motivate a team who are capable of so much more. His name is John Hughes. Eric, please call him.

If Locke IS away our next managerial appointment is huge.

Another unpopular candidate would be catastrophic with regard to crowd numbers in my opinion. Enough folk are at the end of their tether as it is without being treated to even more shite.

Who'd excite the supporters?

Another unpopular candidate would be catastrophic with regard to crowd numbers in my opinion. Enough folk are at the end of their tether as it is without being treated to even more shite.

I like the fact that Stenhousemuir now run out to Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance music, and encourage wrestling style shouts before the game.

Let's take that theme, but move it up a notch. I say, Ric Flair. If the Nature Boy can't whip us into a frenzy, no-one can.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

I feel pretty goulish about wanting him gone, but at the end of the day, this emphatically hasn't worked - and the future sustainability of the club is worth more than one guy's job.

You're spot on Renton, but as you say no one person is bigger than the club. I'd be amazed if we reach Saturday, and Locke is still there. Going down would be a complete disaster. 

2 minutes ago, Andy C said:

For me, it's a choice between Hughes, Pressley or Darren Young. Any of those three would be fine in my view. Hughes would be an ideal pick for me. He's generally been a success wherever he's been (barring Livi who are frankly, even more of a shitshow than any Scottish club) and Hartlepool. Drysdale would probably get the fear over the budget, but I can't see many top flight clubs going after him and he's been out of work since the summer. Get him in, and pitch to him that he's got an opportunity to build a legacy at a club who are, at the moment, underachieving. 

Just now, Andy C said:

Thinking longer term, whatever division we are in.

My thinking was limp on to the end of the season, by hook or by crook and then reorganise in the summer.

The Jockey Scott scenario:lol:

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Next!

He has every right to feel let down by his players as well. 

Unfortunately, this was seen as a poor appointment from the start and it has turned out as we all feared it would. I know Drysdale has spoken of Locke being understanding about financial constraints, but you can't say that the board haven't backed him with the amount of players he's signed. It hasn't worked out and he has to go. 

He has to go.

In terms of exciting the fans, I'm not sure which manager that would be. I just want someone who is competent and who can get us back winning again. At the moment we are watching ineffective long ball football. It's such a shame that we've went from the highs of last season, to the lows of this season.