The New Raith Rovers Thread

Like the rest of us then.

I'm still unsure whether I can make it tonight. With the way the atmosphere is, the way were playing and it being baltic I'm not sure I can be arsed in all honesty. That's me with a season ticket aswell.

If locke isn't sacked tomorrow regardless of tonight's result then I don't think that will change come the hibs game. In saying that I certainly don't want us to lose tonight but it does seem inevitable. We never play well midweek at home for some reason.

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

So let's say you're a 1st team player. You've no confidence in the manager, no belief he can turn it around and are now worried about relegation and the quality of your own performance. Tonight, are you gonna put in a blinder, because you're a pro and that's what you do, or are you gonna lose a yard here or there and maybe miss a tackle in the hope that if we get beat the manager might go?

This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've read on this site. Do you honestly think that a professional football player/s would take the kind of action your suggesting and not perform in the hope that we get beat!!! 

Really is what you think!!

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I'm asking a question lelly. You've not been here long if you think that's one of the most ridiculous posts on the site. They're not Gods. They're human. If you had a job and had a chance to stick it to the boss, whom you weren't getting on with, would you?

If I was losing a bonus to do so, I'd think about it very carefully.

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I'm asking a question lelly. You've not been here long if you think that's one of the most ridiculous posts on the site. They're not Gods. They're human. If you had a job and had a chance to stick it to the boss, whom you weren't getting on with, would you?

Isn't that just forum speculation that the players don't get on with the gaffer though?

Vaughan aside as I've no reason to doubt bambino.

Isn't that just forum speculation that the players don't get on with the gaffer though?

I accept it's speculation, but what do you think? That they think he's a fine bloke and he'll turn it round, securing our place in C'ship and therefore their wages and earning potential?

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I accept it's speculation, but what do you think? That they think he's a fine bloke and he'll turn it round, securing our place in C'ship and therefore their wages and earning potential?

To be fair, Dumbarton went through a run similar to Raith's, possibly went longer without a win, and then we were dumped out of the Scottish Cup by Bonnyrigg. It was widely expected that the manager would go after that but after discussions between the board, management and players we stuck with it. Since that defeat we've beaten Dundee United, Falkirk and yourselves and our performances have been much improved. I'm told that during those discussions the team made it abundantly clear that they still backed the manager, despite results and performances suggesting the opposite.

Obviously the situation with Locke won't be the same, but there is a chance that the players are still behind Locke. It's not always as black and white as it seems.

Davo absolutely hates Locke as well.

Jason Thomson also proved, either against the Pars or Falkirk at home, when he was subbed off, Locke put his hand out to shake Thomson's. Thomson walked straight past him without shaking his hand. That to me proved, that Locke had probably lost the dressing room by that point.

To be fair, Dumbarton went through a run similar to Raith's, possibly went longer without a win, and then we were dumped out of the Scottish Cup by Bonnyrigg. It was widely expected that the manager would go after that but after discussions between the board, management and players we stuck with it. Since that defeat we've beaten Dundee United, Falkirk and yourselves and our performances have been much improved. I'm told that during those discussions the team made it abundantly clear that they still backed the manager, despite results and performances suggesting the opposite.
Obviously the situation with Locke won't be the same, but there is a chance that the players are still behind Locke. It's not always as black and white as it seems.

Interesting stuff Moonster. I don't think for a moment it's black and white but I'm sure our swift decline is wholly down to the manager's capabilities. If I was playing for him I'd certainly be fed up, like Davo and Thomson, never mind Vaughan.

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:

Interesting stuff Moonster. I don't think for a moment it's black and white but I'm sure our swift decline is wholly down to the manager's capabilities. If I was playing for him I'd certainly be fed up, like Davo and Thomson, never mind Vaughan.

Aye, it does seem like Locke has pissed off more than a few of the players, influential players at that. If he has indeed lost those players then it's hard to see how he survives.

Interesting that some of you are saying Davo doesn't like Locke... Found this interview he did, under John McGlynn, during the 2010 Scottish Cup run about how the club had been turned around after Anelka - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/iain-davidson-transformation-of-raith-rovers-1055752

Wonder what his thoughts might be on the transformations since then! It's easy to forget just how long he's been about (with a detour to Dundee along the way!).