The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

I was working last night, and begged the lads not tell me the result as I was recording on my new Virgin box. Thank you virgin from the bottom of my heart....meaning it didn't record the game, a pre emptive we'll save this laddie the bother.

Watch it on iplayer.

It's character building.

Followed Rovers since 1981 seen some bad managers, good managers and excellent managers all having various levels of success, I recognise the signs when a manager has lost the dressing room and sadly Gary Locke achieved this weeks ago however the players have to shoulder some of the blame as it's to easy to hide behind a manager when on a poor run of form.Personally I wasn't expecting us to finish in the play offs but 5/6 would be realistic along with playing entertaining football is this happening no! Whats more damming is our CEO Eric Drysdale publically  criticises the Rovers fans for not turning up and fails to acknowledge the reasons why? Last win oct 29th, now 3rd bottom in the league , worse run since Anelka, zero entertainment, zero tactics, brutal signings! Its heart breaking and frustrating as this team is getting worse by the week and yet our Board of Directors do nothing it's not to get any better ACT now before it's to late because the club is dying.

After last night surely both Locke and Jackson should do the decent thing and walk.

They are getting money from RRFC under false pretences.

They took over a good team, demotivated it in numerous ways, bringing in has been pals, denied our own youngsters etc etc.

The momentum that McKinnon left was, I believe that which gained us most of the 20+ points we have.

How many points from our last ten games?

Sorry guys, your time is up, just GO!!

Followed Rovers since 1981 seen some bad managers, good managers and excellent managers all having various levels of success, I recognise the signs when a manager has lost the dressing room and sadly Gary Locke achieved this weeks ago however the players have to shoulder some of the blame as it's to easy to hide behind a manager when on a poor run of form.Personally I wasn't expecting us to finish in the play offs but 5/6 would be realistic along with playing entertaining football is this happening no! Whats more damming is our CEO Eric Drysdale publically  criticises the Rovers fans for not turning up and fails to acknowledge the reasons why? Last win oct 29th, now 3rd bottom in the league , worse run since Anelka, zero entertainment, zero tactics, brutal signings! Its heart breaking and frustrating as this team is getting worse by the week and yet our Board of Directors do nothing it's not to get any better ACT now before it's to late because the club is dying.

Worst run since Anelka?

Anelka managed one draw and 9 losses, that's 10 without a win. We are currently 13 without a win, don't win tomorrow, that will almost be guaranteed to be become 16 without a win, with Hibs at home and QotS away next up. This is a worse run now..

2 hours ago, donny86 said:

Is anyone hurting as much as Gary and Darren though?

Self inflicted.

I feel sorry for them in a way, nothing personal against them but theyre in the wrong job, Locke cant manage and Jackson the "striking" coach cant get them to create chances never mind score goals. You'd think Locke would have the sense to change the things he got wrong at Hearts and Killie. He's taken the football out of the team, removed ball players for predictable long ball ineffectiveness. And Drysdale must be as stubborn as he is wooden.

Hey, fellow Premium Season Ticket holders, I've just had a quick check, and as of right now, we've currently paid a bargain-basement £45 for each goal scored into the South Stand this season. 

I've missed a few games. I recall Bobby Barr and Mark Stewart against The Pars and McManus against Hearts. So for me it's three goals for my Premium Season Ticket. I missed the early bird offer too. Is that £100 a goal?

I will be there tomorrow night, then my next home game will be Dundee United. We'll probably be in the relegation spots by then.

The Ayr and St Mirren games look fairly crucial.

That was my thought too! Surely if he had left, the board would be keen to announce it ASAP in order to pull in more punters tomorrow night?

edited to add - Another Fantalk poster saying that they had heard there was to be a meeting today / tonight.

Edited by Nairney

I hadn't factored in non-early bird pricing. Christ. That'll be £50 a goal for someone who's made every home game (including our only home friendly, where we also drew a blank).

I've attended 8 home league games.

W2 D2 L4 F5 A11

I've fared better at away games.

W1 D2 L0 F6 A4

I don't know, I suppose that's maybe the traditional way of handling something (as opposed to news being more of a 24 hour thing nowadays) or maybe they need to consult with legal / finance folks before anything is finalised? 

Or maybe it's just a rumour and he had to nip out of the meeting to buy more milk or something!