The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

f**k Raith Rovers.

:lol:

Of course its f**k the current board and coaching staff, not our great Kirkcaldy club with its all history and tradition. When they move on and sanity is restored it's "we'll support you ever more"...

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

I thought Mark Wilson was manager of Airdrie.

My bad, I took that info from Wiki. Just thought he'd be worth checking out considering what he did with Smurn. Won the Cup etc

Could not be any worse than what we have and he was a Rovers player for 6 years or so

20 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Get rid of Bates for nothing, sign 19 year old defender. 

The more you think about it, the more it pisses you off.

Already looking forward to Syme doing well and ending up at Rangers for absolutely f**k all.

Cannae stand in his way, eh!

20 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

My bad, I took that info from Wiki. Just thought he'd be worth checking out considering what he did with Smurn. Won the Cup etc

Could not be any worse than what we have and he was a Rovers player for 6 years or so

I believe after the board had interviewed their wider shortlist in the summer, it came down to Locke v Lennon. I wouldn't have been inspired by either to be fair. Maybe those involved shouldn't be trusted with selecting the next manager. 

Feel sorry for this Syme guy, happy to give him a shot and hopefully he turns out to be a great signing for us. Should never have been signed though, unless we expect Davidson to be out long-term. Maybe M'Voto is refusing a new deal so we're lining up a potential replacement early. 

Who knows. Hopefully the manager has fucked off by summer anyway.

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

This was a post about Syme from a Killie fan

Centre back or right back you say? 19 you say? Exciting prospect? Gosh, that's a bit different, we've never had a player who fit those criteria before...

I recall in Drysdale's mortifying meltdown of a 'statement' where he blamed everything on your fans, he said that no manager he's worked with has been as appreciative of budgetary constraints as Locke has.

How can this be the case when he's been allowed to build the largest squad in the division and is still trying to sign more players? Unless everyone apart from the loanees is on about £200 a week your budget is surely considerably larger than it was last season, or indeed at any time under McGlynn or Murray.

34 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I recall in Drysdale's mortifying meltdown of a 'statement' where he blamed everything on your fans, he said that no manager he's worked with has been as appreciative of budgetary constraints as Locke has.

How can this be the case when he's been allowed to build the largest squad in the division and is still trying to sign more players? Unless everyone apart from the loanees is on about £200 a week your budget is surely considerably larger than it was last season, or indeed at any time under McGlynn or Murray.

Honestly? We have absolutely no fucking idea at all. 

A few weeks ago we were told we were overbudget. Then Vaughan went on loan to Dumbarton and Stevenson came in. Then Bates went to Rangers for sod all, and we got Scott Roberts signed as our player and Jordan Thompson's loan was extended. Ryan Hardie also came in on loan, and now we sign this chap. 

Safe to say that's the Hearts money spent, then. I'll be gobsmacked if we don't post a loss this season, which will be just compound the misery of this nonsense. 

Edited by Michael W