The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

I was looking at our fixtures yesterday and our last two matches are away to St Mirren and at home to Ayr....

Can't beat an exciting end to the season. 

Rovers linked with centre back David Syme, released today by Patrick Thistle.

Aside from the fact we have about a billion players and don't even remotely need a centre back, I for one am absolutely gobsmacked to see he played at Kilmarnock under Gary Locke.

Edited by Paco

I was looking at our fixtures yesterday and our last two matches are away to St Mirren and at home to Ayr....

Can't beat a final day relegation decider for 'shite your pants' excitement. Might even see that much vaunted protest materialising.

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Of all the players Gary Locke has signed, how many have (1) not played for him previously and (2) not come directly from Rangers, where his best pal is assistant manager?

M'Voto, Lennox and McManus?

Lennox spent some time at Killie while Locke was manager I'm sure. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Of all the players Gary Locke has signed, how many have (1) not played for him previously and (2) not come directly from Rangers, where his best pal is assistant manager?

• Bobby Barr - signed on a pre-contract by Ray McKinnon
  • Kevin McHattie - played under Locke at Hearts and Kilmarnock
  • Jean-Yves M'Voto - has stated he tried to sign him for Killie, origin of interest unknown
  • Chris Johnston - Killie
  • Declan McManus - signed from old team mate Steven Pressley
  • Yaw Osei - who knows? Irrelevant with one first-team appearance, most likely a Craig Easton signing.
  • Joel Coustrain - see above
  • Andreas Thorsen - see above
  • Scott Roberts - spotted when sniffing around Rangers u20's when unemployed for a few months last season, signed from his best pal Davie Weir.
  • Jordan Thompson - see above.
  • Ryan Hardie - similar to above.
  • Connor Brennan - Killie
  • Aaron Lennox - Locke has previously stated he spotted him playing against Rangers u20's last season playing for Aberdeen (or maybe he trained with Killie, not sure - there's a connection though). But fair enough, perhaps no nepotism on show here unless he's pals with Derek McInnes. 
  • Robbie Crawford - Rangers
  • Rudi Skacel - old pal
  • Ryan Stevenson - old pal

Think that's everyone. Good record.

Also, 16 new players when he inherited a squad of twelve. Crikey.

What a fucking diddy he is. 

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If you're being generous you could add Osei, Coustrain and Thorsen. 

If you're not then I'm sure Lennox trained with Killie and he also tried to sign M'Voto at Killie, so it would just be McManus really.

John McGlynn had an unimaginative signing policy at times but we got all the benefits you'd expect from that with players he knew would fit in our system and do a job for us. Locke seems to have brought in players he's had before but worryingly has no idea how to get the best out of them

The fact that Locke is being allowed to potentially bring in another player shows that he's going nowhere and that is terrifying. 

I've just had a look at some of the upcoming fixtures and if we don't pick up a win in February, which is entirely possible, then I really worry for our position. Over the next couple of weeks it Dumbarton v St Mirren, Dumbarton v Ayr and Ayr v St Mirren not to mention our own trip to Somerset Park on 28th February. It is entirely plausible that by the end of next month we'll be sitting 9th. Then we have St Mirren home and Dumbarton away.

I may be seen by some to be being negative here but I just cannot see where a win is going to come from based on the mistakes we continue to make and the tactics Locke has adopted. I always had this expectation that we our quality, which the team has if players are set up and used correctly, would come through and we'd simply stutter along to a 5/6th place finish. However after Saturday, and then looking at fixture for the next month, I am genuinely worried that we are going down.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

17 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

The fact that Locke is being allowed to potentially bring in another player shows that he's going nowhere and that is terrifying. 

I've just had a look at some of the upcoming fixtures and if we don't pick up a win in February, which is entirely possible, then I really worry for our position. Over the next couple of weeks it Dumbarton v St Mirren, Dumbarton v Ayr and Ayr v St Mirren not to mention our own trip to Somerset Park on 28th February. It is entirely plausible that by the end of next month we'll be sitting 9th. Then we have St Mirren home and Dumbarton away.

I may be seen to by some to be negative here but I just cannot see where a win is going to come from based on the mistakes we continue to make and the tactics Locke has adopted. I always had this expectation that we our quality, which the team has if players are set up and used correctly, would come through and we'd simply stutter along to a 5/6th place finish. However after Saturday, and then looking at fixture for the next month, I am genuinely worried that we are going down.

My thoughts too.

GL has had his time to show what he and DJ can do, nada. 

Cannot understand his signing policy, why another defender in this lad Syme?

Guess that will be another of his "not up to scratch" pals on the payroll !

Another two games without a win and he should do the decent thing, walk.

Danny Lennon is Caretaker at Airdrie.....just sayin'

http://www.raithrovers.net/28492/david-syme-signing-confirmed.htm

That's it confirmed. I've never seen the lad play before (or even heard of him) so I'll give him a chance. It seems he's more of a right back so wouldn't be surprised to see him in the side immediately due to Thomson's current performance/fitness issues.

Oh well, that's fucking brilliant that is.

When the team inevitably collapses at the first opposition goal on Saturday, the fact that he's on the bench will keep my spirits alive.

Edited by renton