The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Martin Nelson said:

Yeah it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment.  Considering Dumbarton's next two matches are against St Mirren and Ayr he will hopefully still make a positive contribution for us between now and the end of the season.

I genuinely hope he's back playing championship football at Raith next season.  You know what that means and I suspect that's what people I know may hope too. 

17 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

It won't come to that, Locke will be gone by then and the answer again is no. 

You've got more optimism than most of us. I'd be utterly fuming if we end up in the relegation playoffs, especially a year after we've been up the other ones. There's no danger that we should be anywhere near the bottom two spot, but our manager has got us within 5 points. If we're at the end of February, and we're in that position, or even near there then the board simply have to pull the trigger. But knowing them they'd probably keep him to spite the fans. They didn't think through any process of selecting the manager. They simply saw a guy who's managed at the top flight with two other clubs, and thought he'd be better than those who've managed at a lower level. The simply set the bar low and let the fans down after the last season. 

Even if we manage to scrape 6th or 7th place and he did stay, it'd be interesting to see how the club would try to throw bargaining chips to the fans to try to get people buying season tickets. The year we got rid of Murray, they automatically re-signed Dave McGurn. They started it early last season when we were on a good run of form and there was a record uptake from what I believe. The only game I'm currently looking towards going to is David McGurn's testimonial. The rest frankly have very little appeal to me. You can argue that's the sign of a fairweather fan, but I've been more than happy to watch our teams do poorly under Dalziel, (at times) McGlynn, and Murray too. I've followed Rovers across the country, and I've no doubt I'll do so in the future. I'll always love the club, but that doesn't mean I'm going to nonsensically throw money on train fares over for the sake of it. At the moment, there's a gap between the fans and the club and there's not even the slightest attempt to remedy that from either our board or our marketing. 

8 minutes ago, rw89 said:

You've got more optimism than most of us. I'd be utterly fuming if we end up in the relegation playoffs, especially a year after we've been up the other ones. There's no danger that we should be anywhere near the bottom two spot, but our manager has got us within 5 points. If we're at the end of February, and we're in that position, or even near there then the board simply have to pull the trigger. But knowing them they'd probably keep him to spite the fans. They didn't think through any process of selecting the manager. They simply saw a guy who's managed at the top flight with two other clubs, and thought he'd be better than those who've managed at a lower level. The simply set the bar low and let the fans down after the last season. 

Even if we manage to scrape 6th or 7th place and he did stay, it'd be interesting to see how the club would try to throw bargaining chips to the fans to try to get people buying season tickets. The year we got rid of Murray, they automatically re-signed Dave McGurn. They started it early last season when we were on a good run of form and there was a record uptake from what I believe. The only game I'm currently looking towards going to is David McGurn's testimonial. The rest frankly have very little appeal to me. You can argue that's the sign of a fairweather fan, but I've been more than happy to watch our teams do poorly under Dalziel, (at times) McGlynn, and Murray too. I've followed Rovers across the country, and I've no doubt I'll do so in the future. I'll always love the club, but that doesn't mean I'm going to nonsensically throw money on train fares over for the sake of it. At the moment, there's a gap between the fans and the club and there's not even the slightest attempt to remedy that from either our board or our marketing. 

A brilliant heartfelt post mate and I've been in similar situations with my own club and won't and hope I don't come across patronising.  I've never hid that I have a soft spot for Rovers for obvious reasons and I feel for you guys, I look for the results every week.

The board I have maybe a difference of opinion because the club as a whole I know have been brilliant to people I know, not just Lewis.  You're correct they aren't ruthless but that's in a good way too.

On the pitch wise, I'm told the board are away there is a split team wise and it's not getting any better.  Training is shite compared to previously and there's boys in there who isn't making it a good place to go to work. 

Lockes a Jambo, granted.  When I come on and post about him being punted yet that's irrelevant though and as the weeks/months go on that's becoming justified.  The day Locke was appointed I got a good few messages saying this is a bad thing for some people and the club and this is coming to fruition, unfortunately. 

I don't think he will last much longer.  I also think he will be replaced by a former rangers player who is building a massive reputation at the moment at Killie. 

Edited by Bambino7

A brilliant heartfelt post mate and I've been in similar situations with my own club and won't and hope I don't come across patronising.  I've never hid that I have a soft spot for Rovers for obvious reasons and I feel for you guys, I look for the results every week.
The board I have maybe a difference of opinion because the club as a whole I know have been brilliant to people I know, not just Lewis.  You're correct they aren't ruthless but that's in a good way too.
On the pitch wise, I'm told the board are away there is a split team wise and it's not getting any better.  Training is shite compared to previously and there's boys in there who isn't making it a good place to go to work. 
Lockes a Jambo, granted.  When I come on and post about him being punted yet that's irrelevant though and as the weeks/months go on that's becoming justified.  The day Locke was appointed I got a good few messages saying this is a bad thing for some people and the club and this is coming to fruition, unfortunately. 
I don't think he will last much longer.  I also think he will be replaced by a former rangers player who is building a massive reputation at the moment at Killie. 

Please, for the love of God, don't be Lee McCulloch.

2 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

He's unexpectedly a fantastic coach and management material. He was a fantastic player before his legs went at Rangers.  

He was fit enough to f**k Dale Carrick after 50 minutes in their cup defeat to the Rovers.

7 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Cheers! You don't come across as patronising. I'd wager that the majority on Rovers fans on here like your insight. I know you've mentioned before you've known a few of the players, and it's always good to get the perspective of someone outside the fanbase. In particular, it's interesting to hear what you've mentioned about a potential split. It genuinely feels like the morale among the players is very limited. 

My outstanding McCulloch memory, aside from brutalising Carrick, was playing them in the Ramsden's Cup final at ER when they won a free kick for hee-haw, only for Cardle to run past the ball to the other side of the pitch. Elbows punted it at him, then started greeting to Clancy resulting in our player getting a booking. For all Rovers are shite at the moment, and I'm frustrated with the club, I still fucking love thinking back to that day. I still picture the union jack plastic bowler hat running along the side of the pitch as our players bolted to our fans after the final whistle went, their own fans streaming out. Laugh? I almost fucking died pissing myself. 

13 minutes ago, Sheevedaw said:

Ayye but he was a terribly filthy player. Left a sour taste I suppose.

Very true but look beyond his rangers playing career. Just what I've heard from a couple of former players. 

6 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Cheers! You don't come across as patronising. I'd wager that the majority on Rovers fans on here like your insight. I know you've mentioned before you've known a few of the players, and it's always good to get the perspective of someone outside the fanbase. In particular, it's interesting to hear what you've mentioned about a potential split. It genuinely feels like the morale among the players is very limited. 

My outstanding McCulloch memory, aside from brutalising Carrick, was playing them in the Ramsden's Cup final at ER when they won a free kick for hee-haw, only for Cardle to run past the ball to the other side of the pitch. Elbows punted it at him, then started greeting to Clancy resulting in our player getting a booking. For all Rovers are shite at the moment, and I'm frustrated with the club, I still fucking love thinking back to that day. I still picture the union jack plastic bowler hat running along the side of the pitch as our players bolted to our fans after the final whistle went, their own fans streaming out. Laugh? I almost fucking died pissing myself. 

Thanks mate and :lol::lol::lol: uj plastic bowler hat. :lol: and it was at our bit too :lol: I seen loads of them at the battle of callauden/hampden due to exburenance and not bitter filthy *** c***s ;)