The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, Paco said:

Gary Locke now has the longest winless run (12 matches)  of any Raith Rovers manager in over twenty years (at least back to 93/94, where I can't see any reliable records).

The club did go 15 matches in 2001/02 without a win, however Peter Hetherston resigned after 11 matches. They also went 13 without a win at the beginning of 04/05, but Claude Anelka resigned after 10 games.

Failure to beat Dundee United on Saturday puts this run down as bad as anything the Anelka side accomplished. 

I think if Gary puts his mind to it and works hard he could beat that record too

Gary Locke now has the longest winless run (12 matches)  of any Raith Rovers manager in over twenty years (at least back to 93/94, where I can't see any reliable records).

The club did go 15 matches in 2001/02 without a win, however Peter Hetherston resigned after 11 matches. They also went 13 without a win at the beginning of 04/05, but Claude Anelka resigned after 10 games.

Failure to beat Dundee United on Saturday puts this run down as bad as anything the Anelka side accomplished. 

The run of draws at the start of this bad run has lessened the impact. That said, the levels of apathy now are back to the Murray reign. Nobody cares about a side fucking about in the lower half of the league.

Nowhere near being like the Anelka era FFS. Yes the results haven't been great in the last 3 months just like last season but we've not lost every game. We've not got a team of French non entities that had never played 11 a side football (though a few recent displays in the league lately makes you wonder). Things have been a lot worse at Starks Park. Locke was never going to be the popular choice and I was willing to give him a chance and still think he will turn it around. McKinnon never got this much grief during the shitty spell last season and his football wasn't that pretty until he got the go ahead to sign players that saved the season but the football was still pretty Turgid. It's actually turning into a witch hunt against the management and I for one will continue backing whoever is in charge of my team , the team I have supported for 40 years to the hilt.

And then within 24 hours.

Punt Locke and bring in Yogi

[emoji23]

As stupid as I clearly am in thinking it may happen, I'm actually shocked the club haven't yet sacked the useless c**t.

Thought that word became John mcveigh is a tit?

John McVeigh is a tit.

m i n g e

Wonder if John McVeigh could join us as this years Mo Malpas.

Apparently  on fantalk someone  is  upset  about people  having a  go at drysdale  from what i know he is given significant  authority to make  decisions on a very good salary so he should  take a lot of blame

Must be Eric's alternative log in!

3 hours ago, rw89 said:

Club doesn't have home fixture in December. Fan groups give the money to the club on their own. Why would the club go out to ask the fan groups for money, when they have people like Mario Caira or Val McDermid on the board who have money they can draw on themselves? It was completely voluntary of those fan groups and you can feel free to contact them at any point to ask if they were asked to give the money over.  

Better luck next time though. 

The 200 Club approached the club, not the other way around. Certain that was the case with the other donations.

Even if the club did come to us first, who cares? The various groups are raising money to help the club when/if they need it.

Apparently  on fantalk someone  is  upset  about people  having a  go at drysdale  from what i know he is given significant  authority to make  decisions on a very good salary so he should  take a lot of blame

You not still got a few contacts at the Rovers Frank? You not able to speak to them?

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

Clubs lifeline is evidently a success. Think it provides about 200k a year. Other clubs run similar schemes.

No idea if individuals put money in. I don't run the club neeb. 

Don't get you neeb, one hand your having a go at Rovers fans giving the club money then on the other hand your clubs fans are helping out via the club lifeline! Maybe the clues in the name. Double standards there!

As stupid as I clearly am in thinking it may happen, I'm actually shocked the club haven't yet sacked the useless c**t.
Thought that word became John mcveigh is a tit?

Every time I've come on here today and seen this topic near the top of the forum I've been hopeful it was because Locke had been sacked.

Sadly not.

54 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Don't get you neeb, one hand your having a go at Rovers fans giving the club money then on the other hand your clubs fans are helping out via the club lifeline! Maybe the clues in the name. Double standards there!

Yeah probably. Moving on.

I find it amusing that people assume the money gained from the Hearts game can just be used to pay off Locke all because we never budgeted for having a decent cup tie/TV game. The chances are that money has been put back into allowing the club to keep ticking over due to our piss poor home support this season. And yes I get our performances have been guff and in turn means the support is dwindling. Frankly I don't know what the board will do. They'll either need to take a hit financially by punting him or take a hit financially by persevering with him and lose money through lack of home support/poor uptake on season ticket sales. 

7 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

To be honest i cant see the board doing much it dragged on with murray situation and sadly dont see anything  different  this time.

That is the big worry.....our board are good at sticking their head in the sand and not acting until it hits rock bottom.  All this does is leave them trying to encourage fans back that have given up due to poor performances, poor management and a lack of ambition from the board.

Part of me hopes that lessons have been learnt and they will look to stop the rot early!

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

I find it amusing that people assume the money gained from the Hearts game can just be used to pay off Locke all because we never budgeted for having a decent cup tie/TV game. The chances are that money has been put back into allowing the club to keep ticking over due to our piss poor home support this season. And yes I get our performances have been guff and in turn means the support is dwindling. Frankly I don't know what the board will do. They'll either need to take a hit financially by punting him or take a hit financially by persevering with him and lose money through lack of home support/poor uptake on season ticket sales. 

Or used to fund that oversized squad of ours...