The New Raith Rovers Thread

Home end looking very sparse at Starks, sad to see this when your club is screaming out for the revenue. I know you guys aren't happy with your manager, but staying away won't help your club. 

Rovers are playing better today than they did against us, getting plenty ball, but not getting a clean chance at goal. Hearts are getting more into the game now tho, so here's hoping raith can get a good shot at goal to make them a bit more hesitant in coming forward. 

Id love to see you guys getting through this one so your crowd numbers return before we blooter you lot at East end. 8)

C'mon ye Fife team. 

Depends on how attractive the next round games are. The potential Hearts/Hibs if we lose is a cert, and they'll probably televise the Celtic/ICT game as well, since Caley knocked them out in a famous game years ago. 

That leaves one more game for live broadcast. If there's nothing decent they may show a replay instead. I think it would be shown in place of a next round fixture, instead of being in addition to it. 

Edited by Michael W

Depends on how attractive the next round games are. The potential Hearts/Hibs if we lose is a cert, and they'll probably televise the Celtic/ICT game as well, since Caley knocked them out in a famous game years ago. 
That leaves one more game for live broadcast. If there's nothing decent they may show a replay instead. I think it would be shown in place of a next round fixture, instead of being in addition to it. 

He's asking about the game this coming Wednesday away to Tynecastle..

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Whether or not they show a replay has no relevance to how many games they cover in the next round. Sky have already paid for the rights to show one. What they will weigh up is whether they are bothered enough about it to justify the outside broadcast costs and whether they have a broadcast slot for it. I suspect the fact its this immediate midweek probably means its not being covered live as thats very short notice to organise. Of course it could just be they have announced the pre agreed replay arrangements and Sky may yet come in and over-rule it to a different date anyway.

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hopefully its just PATG. Everyone who I'm going with stays in Edinburgh and we'd have nae chance of getting over to Kirkcaldy for a ticket.

Of course it will be PATG, Hearts don't have to deal with the shitebags that run the police in Fife.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whether or not they show a replay has no relevance to how many games they cover in the next round. Sky have already paid for the rights to show one. What they will weigh up is whether they are bothered enough about it to justify the outside broadcast costs and whether they have a broadcast slot for it. I suspect the fact its this immediate midweek probably means its not being covered live as thats very short notice to organise. Of course it could just be they have announced the pre agreed replay arrangements and Sky may yet come in and over-rule it to a different date anyway.

Cheers. 

I was sure Sky bumped a game to show a Rangers replay a few years ago, but obviously remember incorrectly. 

Game of 2 half's dire first half and good in the second i agree with callachan as motm put in some shift though as usual some shocking shouts about him from the fans

I'd have gone with Mathews myself. Made a difference having him back. Thomson an unused sub - seems harsh but Davo has acquitted himself reasonably well in defence, although Thomson's runs are missed.

I'd have gone with Mathews myself. Made a difference having him back. Thomson an unused sub - seems harsh but Davo has acquitted himself reasonably well in defence, although Thomson's runs are missed.

Thomson at his best id definitely agree with you but davo has done very well even most weeks when we have struggled for once our squad looks quite strong even on the bench plenty of options